Graduate student from Atlanta

Options
Hi, I am a graduate student studying Health Informatics and Human-Computer Interaction at Georgia Tech. I am interested in characterizing how people engage with a variety of social connections in the process of forming goals and assessing progress toward them. I was highly recommended by one of my study participants to join the MyFitnessPal community, and I'm glad that I did!

Of course, I have personal reasons for joining this community. My health has worsened over the past 2 years due to a sedentary lifestyle and unhealthy eating while I was pursuing my masters degree. I was recently diagnosed with pre-hypertension towards the end of 2014 and started tracking my weight, blood pressure, diet and steps on a daily basis in an effort to regain my health. I hope to shred some pounds off my body and get the support from other people who have similar goals or concerns.

Thanks for reading!

*Please let me know if you are willing to share your experiences since joining the MyFitnessPal community. You can contact me at mhong@gatech.edu for questions.