Moms- what is your activity level set to?

Options
I have 3 young kids, one who is 3 months old and likes to be held all day. Including cleaning, laundry, cooking, playing, etc. In addition I workout at least 30 minutes a day - running, walking, DVDs etc. What is a good setting for activity level under the "Goal" section? I was thinking lightly active, but want to see what others are using. Preferably if you have a certain setting and have been losing weight with it set that way.

Replies

• ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    I use lightly active I have lost 7 pounds since last month
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Lightly Active + logging exercise <----I think this is probably what you should do.

I have mine set to sedentary, but I use an activity tracker to track my day. It shows that, I should probably have mine set to lightly active without exercise. I don't because, the tracker syncs with MFP and adjusts my calories for me. Also, by leaving it at sedentary it reminds me how few calories I get to eat if I'm lazy. With my exercise included, I would probably need it at Active or Very Active. However, I exercise anywhere from 4 to 7+ hours a week.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I use a fitbit and changed mine from sedentary to lightly active to active. I have to do more than 10K steps to get any exercise adjustments. I had a good test this week, I have a miserable cold and am not exercising, my days have included: chasing after two small kids, getting them to school, office job, picking kids up, evening routine. I've been around 9K steps and small negative cal adjustment so I think I have it set up fairly accurately!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I have 3 young kids, one who is 3 months old and likes to be held all day. Including cleaning, laundry, cooking, playing, etc. In addition I workout at least 30 minutes a day - running, walking, DVDs etc. What is a good setting for activity level under the "Goal" section? I was thinking lightly active, but want to see what others are using. Preferably if you have a certain setting and have been losing weight with it set that way.

Your workouts don't count in activity level only your general activity level...you log workouts separately and eat back the calories from them (well 50-75%anyway)

You could start at sedentary or lightly active and measure against weight loss over time

I am set to sedentary with a fitbit ..I have to walk between 2500-4000 steps to achieve sedentary. This info, and the step info above is just for info and relates to my own circumstances it's not a generic guideline for others as age, current weight, height and stride will impact on the underpinning formula-