Do i have a bad personal trainer

Options
He wanted me to workout my very sore left arm that didnt heal yet. He said my left arm is weak and insulted me infront of everyone. He wanted me to do 3 sets on a 30 dumb bell i couldnt pull i kept trying but my bad soreness wouldnt let me he was angry and spotted me to finish. My body is in very bad shape i cant workout today what should i do hes crazy

Replies

• lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,022 Member
    Options
    You're paying him, right? Fire him. Problem solved.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Why is your arm sore?
    How long have you been seeing him?
    What are his qualifications?
    Did you take recommendations before meeting him?

Sounds like you don't respect or like him so yes get rid ..but these are important questions
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Let him go so that you can move on. You will find someone who is a much better fit for you.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    It's one thing to push you to do your best, and another to shame and belittle you into overextending yourself when you're injured. Even if that's just his technique, it is obviously not a good fit for you. I'd say find someone new, who works with you rather than against you.
  • abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    man-up and get rid of him!
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    I have several medical conditions that cause pain and my personal trainer and I have a mutually respectful relationship. When I'm feeling well, he sees me putting in work, and he also knows when I'm hurting. When I say something's too much, he treats me like an adult who knows her limits.

Fire yours before he causes you an injury.