Netted 500-600 calories -- worried

Options
Will I lose a terrible amount of muscle if I'm sick and kind of uhm... (ok don't have a heart attack) netted only 500-600 calories the entire week?

I'm in the middle of a cutting cycle but I admit I netted way below even half my normal calories. When I'm sick, I have no appetite. At all.

Replies

• MustLoveCats21
    Options
    Oh, and you should know that most of the above calories came from liquids and some carbs like oats and bananas and stuff.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    So you were sick? The human body is made to survive short bursts of famine, whether from lack of food or illness. It's something that most of us never even think about until we educate ourselves on all this shiz! But short story, it might put you back a little on fitness, and you might be a bit behind the ball physically for your first few workouts but there won't be any huge or lasting effects so long as you get back to normal eating as soon as you are well.
  • MustLoveCats21
    Options
    Thank you. Yeah tummy bug. I'm sure I'll be under the ball as far as my workouts are concerned. I feel weak as hell and always dizzy. Can barely walk straight let alone lift 45kilos. Eeek. O_O
  • skinnysushicat
    skinnysushicat Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Of course it happens with a tummy bug - you just need to gently gradually build back to your normal diet over the next week. And your body will probably want you to eat more to compensate for the low calorie week. I find when I've had a tummy bug that it can look like I've lost tons - maybe even 10lb - but after a week or two back on a normal diet I've actually lost 3-4 lb. The rest is probably dehydration.

Be kind to yourself for the next couple of weeks until your body is back to normal. x
  • SwankyTomato
    SwankyTomato Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Sorry you are sick. Just slowly get yourself back on track and you will be fine.