Board Question

Options
This is probably not the right board for this question but it's the one I've been on most so.....

How do you keep track of threads you've posted on? Is there some way to sort by only the threads you've been in, even if it's on different boards?

Thanks!

Replies

• Steff46
    Steff46 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I'm curious too.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Two ways, neither perfect

1. Go to this link: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/profile/preferences make sure "notify me when people post in discussions I've posted in" is checked. When a new post comes in, you'll get a popup at the bottom left of the screen OR you can click the little bell at the top right of the forum to see all your notifications.

Problem: see those threads with 1000+ posts? That's how many individual notification pop ups and notification line items in the list area you'll get. If you decide you're no longer interested in a particular topic, there's no way to "opt out" without disabling the notification for all topics I think

2. Click the star at the top right of every topic you want to follow. The little star again next to the bell will have a listing of all your bookmarks

Problem: this is a manual process that you may have to do each time, but you can also easily undo
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    I'm sure you used to be able to view someone's post history, I used that to look back and find forum posts I'd commented on. I can't find it now, has it gone? Or just moved?
  • Wiseandcurious
    Wiseandcurious Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Thank you, this was really helpful to me too! I actually like the idea of a manual process because I am not interested in seeing the progress of every single thread I've written in.
  • JSurita2
    JSurita2 Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    This is helpful. Thanks JaneiR

DemoraFairy, Exactly what I'm trying to find as to not lose track of where I commented or asked a question.

I think I'll start doing the bookmark suggestion going forward.