At Home Dumbbell workouts?

Options
Is it possible to get a complete lifting experience with just dumbbells alone? If so what equipment is needed?

Replies

• MRivera422
    MRivera422 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Also I have the Bowflex SelectTech 552 Adjustable Dumbbells
  • ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    You can get a great full body workout with dumbells, a bench, and a pull-up bar. You could do lunges for your leg workout. I wouldn't technically call it "complete" but it would be good enough for most.
  • MRivera422
    Options
    Thanks! A bench is definitely on the list. However, in my apartment there is nowhere for a pull up bar :/ Is there a good alternative to pullups? Not having anywhere for pullups is also making me hesitant to start P90X.
  • greenfirearm
    greenfirearm Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Fitnessblender, all you need are dumbbells and a workout mat for the majority of routines. They now have a mass building plan on their website too: www.fitnessblender.com
  • ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    If you have a door frame anywhere (closet, bathroom?) you can get a pull up bar. No screws or nails are required. The ones they have these days just easily clip on and off.

Pull-ups and chin up are just too great of an exercise to skip if you're working out at home. Barbell rows are okay, but not a substitute for pull ups.
  • MRivera422
    Options
    ahamm002 wrote: »
    If you have a door frame anywhere (closet, bathroom?) you can get a pull up bar. No screws or nails are required. The ones they have these days just easily clip on and off.

Pull-ups and chin up are just too great of an exercise to skip if you're working out at home. Barbell rows are okay, but not a substitute for pull ups.

Yea im just not confident in the integrity of the frames to hold me up at 258 pounds lol.

• MRivera422
    Options
    Fitnessblender, all you need are dumbbells and a workout mat for the majority of routines. They now have a mass building plan on their website too: www.fitnessblender.com

Cool I will definitely check it out.