Cleanse

anyone out there have experience with the Advocare 24 Day Challenge or 10 Day Cleanse? Or any experience with any cleanse kit?

Replies

• PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    You don't need a cleanse. Your liver and kidneys do that for you.

This stuff is a waste of money. Eat at a deficit, drink a lot of water, get some exercise. That's all you need.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    edited February 2015
    A bunch of women sell it at work. It's an insanely over priced laxative. Your body has a natural filtration system through your kidney's and liver. You do not need to cleanse.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,942 Member
    It's a marketing scam that's been the latest fad for the last couple of years.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • sarbear112084
    sarbear112084 Posts: 19 Member
    I should have noted that it isn't for me. I'm doing some research and wanting some real experiences for my paper.
  • Azexas
    I should have noted that it isn't for me. I'm doing some research and wanting some real experiences for my paper.

From the women at work who have done it- their experience is they had to stay within three feet of the bathroom at all times.
  • sarbear112084
    Ha! That sounds awful. I'm getting info from people here at work too about it and there was a guy that said the same thing. That seems to the one consistent thing I am getting back from people.
  • Azexas
    Ha! That sounds awful. I'm getting info from people here at work too about it and there was a guy that said the same thing. That seems to the one consistent thing I am getting back from people.

They were trying to get my to buy it from them while telling me that. I was like you don't know how to sell things correctly. I don't want to hear how I have to be glued to my bathroom for 10 days.
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Before I wised up and did research on nutrition, I fell into the Advocare shiny-new-toy trap, forked over a few hundred dollars and participated in the 24-Day-Challenge. Hey, if Drew Brees pimps that crap out, why wouldn't it work? Hell yes...I was going to do the *kitten* out of this challenge.

Sure I lost some weight, but since I was eating total crap beforehand and not really working out, any change in my diet would have resulted in weight loss.

Honestly, I could have spent that money on some new workout gear, a massage, an extra car note, or an underwater MP3 player for my long-distance swims that I'm currently drooling over.

I'm raising my hand and admitting that I was once one of those naive fools who fell into the "OMG YOU NEED TO CLEANSE THE TOXINS!!!!" trap. But then I read a book, talked to some people, realized that I was so completely lost and was just following on the heels of the pretty pictures of Instagram and Pinterest and the sad, overpromising claims of products.

Cleanses aren't necessary. The only time you need to detox is if you're binging on meth and booger sugar.

TL;DR: I spent too much money on the Advocare Challenge. I wised up and learned that there are no such things as detoxes and cleanses. Now I eat real food and spend my money on other things... like hookers and blow.

Just kidding about the hookers and blow.

Kinda.

• sarbear112084
    Thanks for the info :)
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    SconnieCat wrote: »
    Before I wised up and did research on nutrition, I fell into the Advocare shiny-new-toy trap, forked over a few hundred dollars and participated in the 24-Day-Challenge. Hey, if Drew Brees pimps that crap out, why wouldn't it work? Hell yes...I was going to do the *kitten* out of this challenge.

...Says the woman wearing a Packers hat.

Aaron Rodgers is not amused.

Aaron-rodgers-mad-face.jpg
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    TR0berts wrote: »
    SconnieCat wrote: »

...Says the woman wearing a Packers hat.

Aaron Rodgers is not amused.

Aaron-rodgers-mad-face.jpg

Hahahaha. That's too good.

I'll go fully apologize for Aaron for mentioning another QB's name. :)