UGH scale is going up

Options
I know I shouldn't focus on it, but I haven't weight myself in a little bit so I did today and it has gone up. I just need to see some progress. This is just a rant.

Replies

• LeanButNotMean44
    LeanButNotMean44 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Start weighing your food. You are very likely eating more than you think. For example, the other day you logged: Allrecipes.com - Cottage Meatloaf, 0.0625 loaf. How'd you come up with that amount?
  • kellycasey5
    kellycasey5 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Rant accepted!

If you have been accurate with the logging, and doing some movement/ exercise, you might try measuring yourself. I had a 4 pound fluctuation Friday that is almost off. A friend suggested I measure myself. I had lost 3 inches, while the scale said I was up 4 pounds. Maybe too much salt, maybe I didn't *ahem* have an empty system, maybe I was stressed, could be hormones, could just be that I had an abnormal weigh in the week before or that the scale bounces around. I was VERY happy I didn't throw in the towel and eat a pizza, or worse, quit entirely.

Do you take progress pictures? These also help me when the scale shows a gain but I am working hard. Keeps me motivated and on track when I want to throw in the towel.

If you know why you have gained and just need to get back on the wagon, this is the perfect motivation! I am not sure if you usually don't log on the weekends or if this was an exeption, but you might try logging everyday and see if that makes a difference!
    :smiley:
  • tammycolbert
    tammycolbert Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    for the meatloaf the calorie count was for 1 loaf. I didn't eat a whole meatloaf so I weighed it and it was about 2oz so that is how I did that one. And I don't log on the weekend because I don't have a way to do it. I have a computer at work, nothing at home so weekend logging is out. Maybe I should write it down and then log it on Monday when I get into work. I think I will take the pic's and see if I see any progession that way. Thank you for the help and suggestions. Sometimes I just gotta rant, LOL!.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    for the meatloaf the calorie count was for 1 loaf. I didn't eat a whole meatloaf so I weighed it and it was about 2oz so that is how I did that one. And I don't log on the weekend because I don't have a way to do it. I have a computer at work, nothing at home so weekend logging is out. Maybe I should write it down and then log it on Monday when I get into work. I think I will take the pic's and see if I see any progession that way. Thank you for the help and suggestions. Sometimes I just gotta rant, LOL!.

A paper log would probably be better than nothing. That's what I used to do on the weekends before I upgraded my phone to something that could work with the app. Just kept a notebook and pen in the kitchen at all times. I'd transfer it to the web version sometimes if I wanted to double-check my numbers, but mostly it was just another way to keep me on track through the weekend.