NEED CHICKEN IDEAS PLEASE

Options
Tammynado
Tammynado Posts: 17 Member
Ok I have this huge back of frozen chicken breast and I am out of ideas... i have tried a couple of things lately but nothing to write home about ... lend me your favorite chicken recipes please - I can use all the inspiration I can get. Thank you so much!!

Replies

• debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Options
    These are my chicken go-to's. Most are super easy. If you would like the recipe for any of them, just let me know. I have the recipes and the calorie/nutritional values for all of them.

Chicken Quesadilla
    Chicken Pad Thai
    Green Chile Chicken enchiladas
    Curried Indian Chicken Stew
    Chicken Brown Rice
    Chicken Stir Fry
    Chicken Fra Diavlo
    Panko Baked Chicken
    Black bean chicken rice
    Chicken Vegetable Soup
    Chicken Noodle Soup

• Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I typically make a large batch of chicken breasts over the weekend and then use them throughout the week for lunches mostly, but sometimes dinners. Lately I've been tossing shredded chicken in buffalo sauce or bbq sauce over a salad. They are also great to make chicken salad sandwiches, chicken quesadillas, chicken enchiladas, fajitas etc.

It's probably since it's such a versatile protein, it's hard to decide what to do! Good luck!
  • Burt_Huttz
    Burt_Huttz Posts: 1,612 Member
    Options
    Chicken iced tea!
  • Burt_Huttz
    Options
    Chicken smoothie?
  • Burt_Huttz
    Options
    Chicken popsicle?
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    1 packet dry ranch dressing
    1 packet taco seasoning
    2 cups water
    1# chicken breasts

Put in the crockpot low for 6 hours or high for 4 hours and shred the meat when it's done. Makes awesome tacos.
  • shelleyrhoads
    shelleyrhoads Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Last night I made a chicken stir fry with hot sesame oil... It was delicious.
  • gettinthere
    gettinthere Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I tried a honey soy chicken recipe on Pinterest that was really delicious!
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    skinnytaste.com and emilybites.com has some great ideas ...I love emilybites buffalo chicken eggrolls
  • shraniken
    shraniken Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I usually just grill chicken breasts, cut up and toss on a salad. Add some black beans and corn... Or if I have toasted sesame dressing, walnuts or well, any kind of nut I guess.

Also one of any thousand of soup recipes with chicken.
  • LauraHasABabyJack
    LauraHasABabyJack Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I like to marinate chicken in lime juice and garlic then stir fry with onions and peppers for taco salad.
  • PowerfulHunt
    PowerfulHunt Posts: 281 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
  • BlackPumpkin
    Options
    Chicken spinach pie:

-1 large boneless chicken breast
    -1 package of chopped frozen spinach
    -1 low sodium country gravy mix packet
    -4 tablespoons grated parmigiano
    -1 tube of fat reduced flaky rolls (like pillsbury)

Boil or slow cook the breast in water, then pull it apart so it's in choppy pieces like pulled pork. Put the frozen spinach in a pot or saucepan on the stove with some water. Cook as package directs. Once cooked, add the gravy mix and a bit more water (you can decide how thick you want it) and mix while heating on low. Add cheese and mix again. Then add chicken and mix that.

Now transfer the filling to a baking dish, I use a square 8x8 dish.

Roll out the flaky bisquits, but don't pull them apart. Roll them out into one big square. Place the square over your filling in the baking dish.

Bake at 350 for about 15 minutes.
  • Riffraft1960
    Riffraft1960 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    One of my favorites is a slow cooker recipe - Angel Chicken

4-6 chicken breasts (frozen or thawed...see below for cooking times)
    1 can cream of Chicken or Mushroom soup
    4 oz Onion and Chive Cream Cheese (it's right there next to the regular kind)
    2 cups chicken broth
    1 packet dry Italian salad dressing (right there next to the dry Ranch dressing and stuff)
    3 tablespoons cornstarch
    3 tablespoons cold water
    1 pound angel hair pasta cooked and drained

In your slow cooker, spread chicken breasts across the bottom, pour over your cream of mushroom soup, add in your cream cheese (don't worry, it will all melt together later...just plop it in), pour in your chicken broth and sprinkle in your Italian dressing mix.  If your chicken is frozen, cook on low 7-8 hours...if your chicken is thawed, cook on low 4-5 hours. 
    Once you're about 15 minutes from dinner time, boil your water and drop your pasta in.  While the pasta is cooking, remove lid from slow cooker so some of the moisture can evaporate.  Take two forks and shred the chicken right in the slow cooker.  At this point, I stirred my cornstarch and cold water together in a separate little bowl and then stirred the combined mixture into the slow cooker.  This just thickened the sauce up for me. If you don't have corn starch on hand, don't worry about it. Your sauce will just be a little thinner than mine. 
    Once the pasta is finished cooking, toss it in the slow cooker and you're ready to eat. 
  • neaneacc
    neaneacc Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Dip chicken in egg and dredge it in parmesan cheese with a little garlic powder for added taste. Fry in a pan with a little EVOO . It is simple and tastes great.
  • cherys
    cherys Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Soy and ginger chicken
    chop up chicken breast and marinate in 1 tablespoonful each of dark soy, honey and OJ with a grated cube of fresh ginger, squeeze of garlic paste or fresh crushed garlic and a pinch of five spice if you have it.
    You can stir fry this without fat or in a bit of sesame oil. Serve with lots of stir fry or steamed veg like pak choi and broccoli.

Low calorie chicken curry:
    Chop two Spanish onions, two garlic cloves, a cube of ginger and a mix of your favourite indian spices, ready ground. (I use cumin, tumeric, fenugreek, coriander, a tiny pinch of cinnamon and clove and a few cardamom pods, but ready mixed garam masala works fine.) Barely cover with water and simmer until soft then blend. The onions make a smooth creamy sauce that doesn't taste watery. You can add tomato puree, lentils, any veg you like, and cook the chicken in it to absorb the flavours. Have it with brown or basmati rice or chapatis.
  • sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    In my crockpot right now: 3 chicken breasts, 1 can rotel tomatoes and green chilies, 2 large onion slices, 1 pkg Mrs Dash enchilada seasoning. Tonight chicken taco salads or chicken tacos or chicken burritos, depending on what each person wants.

55835802.png
  • sandymcginnis9
    sandymcginnis9 Posts: 2
    edited February 2015
    Options
    neaneacc wrote: »
    Dip chicken in egg and dredge it in parmesan cheese with a little garlic powder for added taste. Fry in a pan with a little EVOO . It is simple and tastes great.
    or same just bake it for 25 minutes at 375 and add very little mozerella just before its done
    or u can use evoo instead of egg
  • TinaGA2015
    TinaGA2015 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Salsa Chicken for Shredded tacos or salad
    1 packet boneless skinless chicken breast
    1 packet dry Taco Seasoning
    1 packet of dry ranch dressing
    1 Entire Jar of salsa

I cook mine for 10 hours in my crockpot while I am at work :)
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Slow cooker sweet and sour chicken from Company's Coming. Permanent family favourite.
    http://www.food.com/recipe/awesome-and-easy-sweet-and-sour-chicken-156520