Website and Mobile Problems

Options
I am a month into using MFP and I absolutely love it. I've lost 12 pounds and feel very motivated.

But WOW -- the website is giving me problems. It rarely lets me log a food that's in my Recipes tab. I've only been able to do it one day -- yesterday. I usually end up doing it from my phone.

But now the mobile app is a problem. I'm on an Android phone, Samsung Galaxy 5s, and the app crashes regularly. I file reports, but it just keeps crashing. I reboot the phone, which sometimes helps, but not always. Last night, it crashed every time I opened it -- about a dozen times, even after I restarted the phone. Then I gave up.

These two tech issues are very annoying. Am I alone?

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I'm not having problems with the website or the app, but I'm on an iPhone. But when I do have app problems that rebooting the phone doesn't fix, I have found that deleting an app and reinstalling it does the trick sometimes.

Also, you might try posting in the Tech Support/Help forum near the bottom of the page. :smile:

Good luck!
  • tinascar2015
    tinascar2015 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I didn't see that link before.

Now I'm trying to figure out how a serving of tuna salad with tuna, onion, celery, peppers and light mayo can provide 258% of my daily Vit C!! I'm really not trusting some of the info in my reports.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    When you choose a food, check the nutrient info that is in the database against the info that is on the nutrition label. Some are spot on but many are way off. The good thing is that once you use an item, it will show up as a recently used item or frequent item. So it gets easier and quicker to add foods the longer you've been using MFP because your recently used list gets longer.

Another thing I do, for stuff like fruits and veggies that don't necessarily have nutrition labels, is search under the name of the item plus USDA (e.g., "vidalia onion usda.") It tends to give me better results.
  • tinascar2015
    tinascar2015 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input, but there is no way on this earth that tuna salad has that amount of vitamin C. I know what things contain Vitamin C, and tuna salad is not on the list. I'm noticing that my Vitamin C numbers for the entire month are WAY out of whack, and it isn't because I'm taking that much in. We're talking 5-10 times what is recommended. Something isn't right with the way MFP is calculating this.