Same ole same ole

Options
Is it bad to be eating the same foods everyday? I have been eating pretty much the same foods everyday. Give or take. I'm a picky eater and honestly don't know a lot of healthy foods to eat! I do stay under calorie goal! Would love recipes also and could use more friends :) thanks

Replies

• MustLoveCats21
    MustLoveCats21 Posts: 137
    edited February 2015
    Options
    If it doesn't bore you...I don't see a reason not to. Weight loss is all CICO. Just make sure you hit your macros too. :smile:
  • If it doesn't bore you...I don't see a reason not to. Weight loss is all CICO. Just make sure you hit your macros too. :smile:

Cico and macros? Probably a duh moment lol
  • MustLoveCats21
    Options
    Hahaha sorry. Cico = calories in calories out. In other words if you eat less calories than your body needs to run (regardless where they come from) you will lose weight.

Macros = protein, carbs and fats. (Make sure you get good nutrition)

Personally I only worry about being under my calorie goal and hitting protein. Carbs and fats kind of fall wherever they fall. :smile:
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Hey if you know what you like then I don't see the problem!
  • GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Bradleygirl: What is your calorie goal? I would wonder with a limit if I was getting enough variety to cover all the important nutrients if I ate the same thing all the time. Look at the bottom of your daily food tracker and see if you at least are getting enough protein and include the carbs and fats that you need.

I admit I do eat the same breakfast 5 days a week, but I do especially include lots of different vegetables and fruits throughout the week, as well as protein in different forms. But I do like variety and live 3 blocks from a wonderful market with great produce. I am so fortunate!

It sounds like you would like to try to add more variety and cook something different. There are some good recipes on the recipe section of the board here. You might also check under the blog tab. I found a great collection of soups in an article posted there last week.

Good luck and happy cooking.

70044776.png
  • GreenValli wrote: »
    Bradleygirl: What is your calorie goal? I would wonder with a limit if I was getting enough variety to cover all the important nutrients if I ate the same thing all the time. Look at the bottom of your daily food tracker and see if you at least are getting enough protein and include the carbs and fats that you need.

I admit I do eat the same breakfast 5 days a week, but I do especially include lots of different vegetables and fruits throughout the week, as well as protein in different forms. But I do like variety and live 3 blocks from a wonderful market with great produce. I am so fortunate!

It sounds like you would like to try to add more variety and cook something different. There are some good recipes on the recipe section of the board here. You might also check under the blog tab. I found a great collection of soups in an article posted there last week.

Good luck and happy cooking.

70044776.png

Will have to check out for recipes! :) thanks