Fitbit Charge HR band

Options
I currently have a FitBit Flex, which I love in general but I have one huge problem with it - the band. I'm sure all you other Fitbit Flex users know what I'm talking about, the bands are junk. I'm on my sixth band in two years, I think I may have now spent more on replacement bands than the device cost. I am goint to upgrade to a Fitbit Charge HR and I've been scouring the web for reviews, but I can't find anyone who talks about if they addressed the problem of shoddy band construction. With the Flex I can at least just buy another band, but with the Charge HR, the device is embedded in the band and you can't just swap it out. If the band breaks, the device is useless. This worries me.

Any Fitbit Charge or Charge HR users out there who can tell me if they've invested in higher quality bands?

Replies

• Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I have the Charge HR and love it. It has a standard watch band, do I'm thinking it should hold up pretty well. But it also means you can't change the band out, so you're kind of stuck with it.
  • sam_r_i
    sam_r_i Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Mine has held up pretty well for the first few months. I like that it has an actual clasp on it.
  • shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options
    I agree with the 2 above me. With that being said, I always get my stuff from Best Buy and ALWAYS purchase the geek squad warranty... that way if the band does break, they replace it and renew the warranty. I also had the Flex before I got my HR and every time I went through both bands breaking on the Flex I just took it back to Best Buy and got a brand new one.