First day and NEED to never quit

Options
My dad died at the age 46 of a heart attack and morbid obesity. I am 46 and do not want the same fate. I MUST lose this weight NOW! I have been disciplined since Jan. 1 and have lost 20 pounds at first but then it has slowed down SO I joined this app to see if it will help. As a happily married father of four, I have much to live for. I must lose this NOW!

Replies

• jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    20 lbs in...what? 6 weeks? That a tremendous loss! But you cannot expect to sustain that rate of loss. It's recommended that the MAX you try to lose each week is 2 lbs, unless you have 100+ lbs to lose. You gotta take the long view on this. You didn't put the weight on in a few months, did you? The process will be much more sustainable if you take a "slow and steady" approach.

Welcome to MFP!
  • shawnmusicmin
    Options
    I have been told that, Jennifer. I agree. The 20 did not come off because I starved myself. I believe most was beginning water weight. I am going to adhere to this app and see what happens next. The weight loss has slowed down now. So I think that first swoosh is over.