Last 5 pounds?

Options
So reading the message boards etc. on MFP I gather that the last 5 or 10 pounds are the hardest to lose. Is this because of user error? Meaning that people get tired of logging, get sloppy, etc.? Or is there a physiological reason. I started out wanting to lose about 20 pounds. I've got about 5 more to go and the scale is not moving. People say that you have to carefully log everything but I never measured. I'm doing everything the same way I've been doing it and if anything, I'm doing it better. Just curious if there is a biological reason those last five pounds are hardest to lose or if it is more psychological.

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Hey Tblackdogs, do you use a food scale? and add to that you may need to pose this question the weightless board. You may get a better response :)
  • Tblackdogs
    Tblackdogs Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I don't queenliz99 but I never have. I'm trying to do things the way I have all along. And I don't want my kids to think food needs to be obsessed over (which I would do if I had a scale!). And thanks for the suggestion about posting on a different board!