I'm an adult?¿

Options
I've been on mfp for probably 3 years now - on and off. I've always loved the forums but was a silent lurker with the occaisonal comment, and I never connected with any other members. I think part of the reason I keep failing is because I take a "short" break and then feel no obligation to make sure I come back. I would love to (friend?) some people who are willing to help keep me on track and would love to do the same for them. I'm younger and I know I'll be yelled at for joining before I was 18, but I've been full grown (5'10") since 7th grade, and always annoyingly resistant to following rules (probably part of my problem.) To clarify - I AM 18 NOW.
- If you have a problem with my age, I understand, but if anyone would be interested please let me know! I've been overweight almost my whole life, there was a brief stint from 1st -3rd grade where I think I was a normal weight. My highest weight to my knowledge was 195, but it could've easily been higher as I stopped stepping on the scale. I lost about 10 pounds between middle school and high school and have been fluxuating from 170 - 185 for the past four years. I came back from this summer the lightest I've ever been (170) but gained it all back over the past 2 months which has just been devastating to watch and I'm still in a bit of denial. Just once when I go to the doctor I want to be told I have a healthy bmi and not be embarrassed on standing on the scale. I would like to lose 20 or more pounds by May, and ultimately get down to 140 depending how the weight sits on my frame at that point. In all honesty I always imagined I would have lost the weight by my senior year, and when I go to college (or a possible gap year in Australia) I want this weight off, figuratively and literally. I want to start "real" life as confident and healthy as possible - and also look good in a prom dress :blush:
- Oh and my name is Cailie.

Replies