Lost 50lbs before on mFp. still have 20lbs to go, but stuck,starting over again

Options
melnikn
melnikn Posts: 41 Member
I found MFP in 2011. I was a dedicated logger for 3yrs. I tracked during my pregnancy in 2012. i lost the weight and then some. i got down to 152 and could not break out of 150. So i decided to take a break from MFP. i maintained for a year. Now am back and desperately want to get down 20 lbs to reach my GW. Even after being on here for so long sometimes i feel like i still don't know what am doing. so please add me to support so i can reach that finish line. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    Eat fewer calories?
  • mrengineer001
    Options
    Eating fewer calories may not be the answer.
    You need a good balance between food intake and workout routine. And just keep logging.
    Feel free to add me
    Motivational support is always a good thing
  • melnikn
    melnikn Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I did lower calories. Wasn't moving much.. trying to find the right balance would be nice. I tend to go one extreme to the next.
  • neaneacc
    neaneacc Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I agree calorie cutting may not be the way to go. If you can honestly say that you are eating good foods then eat away. Ie, if you are choosing an extra fruit of veggie to help your diet improve great go for it. Cutting too much can cause you to feel sluggish and slow your metabolism.
    Also, make sure you are getting enough water. I don't mean diet soda, or flavored low calorie water....I mean actual real water. If you need to have flavor try adding fruits like oranges or lime to actual real water to make it more appealing. Water is crucial to all functions of the body.
    Also, sleep is critical to recover from working out. Don't cut back on sleep as much as possible. I know that with a baby this can be hard, but understand that is when the body is repairing itself so 8 hours a night should be your goal.
    Finally, try to time your eating to be no more than 3 hours between meal/snacks. A lot of this will be like small snacks, but it will help you to keep you from crashing. We all know what kinds of bad food choices happen then! Then McDonald's or Wendy's looks like perfectly good food, which it isn't.
    Good luck!

Renee