Breakfast swaps

Options
2»

Replies

• emaybe
    emaybe Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    You can use a muffin tin to make single-serving quiche (with substitutions as you see fit to lowe calories--I use coconut milk instead of cream, which is surprisingly still tasty). Weigh out ingredients for each little cup and plug the recipe into MFP so it's super easy to log each day. Instant protein-packed breakfast (with vitamins if you include a veggies--broccoli, peppers, mushrooms, tomato are all good). You could make a tin of them Sunday night (30-45 minute time investment) and they should keep for the week. :)
  • Tefhead
    Options
    Thank you to everyone who has replied; I made some of the breakfast egg muffins when I was off work Thursday, they are lovely - with spinach cherry tomatoes and some cheese - I had some today and didn't feel as desperate for elevensies as I usually do!

Thanks again :)
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Here is my typical breakfast…although I made a trade-off this morning…something I rarely do.

MyBreakfastRecipes1_zpsc5ce6454.jpg

Today, I took a food photo instead of having a decent breakfast – I wanted a piece of fried fish for lunch and that was the price. It was “delicious.” I do this every month or so.

The waffle is the size of a half dollar with a tiny single strawberry / blueberry & a drip of yogurt and squirt of sugar free syrup – all for under 25 calories – take away the waffle and you have about 2 calories. LOL

perspective%20Final_POSTER%20small_zpsf4yzt2os.jpg

73641431.png
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt with a bit of granola and a piece of fruit.
  • eileensofianmushinfine
    Options
    i use a meal chocolate replacement shake with 20 grams of protein. I make it with 8 oz of 1% milk and a tbsp of olive oil (you don't taste it at all) to bump up the fat grams that I need for the day. I have it at 6 am either just before I leave the house for work or on the way in my car. It holds me over until my lunch which is at 10:45. It also takes all of the guess work out of breakfast for me.
  • butbygrace206
    butbygrace206 Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Omlet in a cup. Coffee cup, add egg, mushrooms , turkey sausage crumbles , green peppers Nuke for 1 min 30 sec. Sprinkle with cheese. Grab and run out the door :)