night shifter....need help!

Hey there i am a paramedic that works night shifts. I work mainly four nights a week. I cant figure out a eating schedule that will help me lose weight. I work from 8pm-8am. I usually go to the gym after around 9ish to do cardio. I sleep from 11am to 430pm. I cant lose weight due to my schedule. Can anyone relate?! How do you do it? I am wits end with losing weight. My diet isnt bad. We kind of eat when we can. I lost want to lose this 20 pounds i gained in the last 5 months! I am just starting back on working out....anybody have tips on working out....should i do it twp times a day starting out?? Help!

Replies

• Evenstranger
    Evenstranger Posts: 69 Member
    I've come to the conclusion, as many here have, that when you eat isn't as important as how much. Set your calorie goal, then reduce it slowly week by week, 10-20 calories for example, so that this week is 2000, next week is 1980, the next is 1960, and as the calories decrease, so will the weight. Workouts will help, but take it slow and steady... it took five months to put it on, you won't see it come off overnight, and you shouldn't. It's the slow consistent changes that will last for the long run.
  • You can't lose weight due to your schedule? That's BS. I work overnights - 5 nights a week, 46 hours a week & I've managed to lose 10 lbs since NYE without any extra exercise.

Eat when you are hungry. It's that simple.