What's your thing?

Options
What's your sport/ exercise/ regime of choice and why?

Replies

• smalltown_princess
    smalltown_princess Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    weight lifting. It's legit.
  • donnawtm
    donnawtm Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Good enough reason
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I do a combo of walking, yoga and weight lifting.

ETA: I do those things because I enjoy them :)
  • david2831g78
    david2831g78 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Headphones on. Lifting and pulling heavy stuff. Getting my blood pumping on the treadmill, elliptical, or street. I'm a man so I get a kick out of feeling and looking strong. The cardio is to keep the fat percentages down. I play basketball and racquetball with my son for fun.
  • jms14letgo
    jms14letgo Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba, TurboFire, and PiYo. So I'd say I really like dancing, kickboxing and fast paced yoga. :wink:
  • Lofteren
    Lofteren Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Until recently I competed in powerlifting and strongman. About a month ago I decided I was going to start fighting in MMA so my training has changed a lot recently. I still stay true to my powerlifting/strongman roots though. 1 day a week I do powerlifting movements and 1 other day I do strongman events. The extra strength has served me well in my MMA training thus far.
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Running. No better reason other than it seems like what the body was designed to do, I still can do it, and hope to not waste the natural potential while I have it. It also has directly changed my health for the better in many ways. So I'm happy to keep with it.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Weightlifting and HIIT exercises because both of these things keep me fit and healthy.
  • zaxx1953
    zaxx1953 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Powerbuilding/HIIT....lifting the lower body like assist work for Olympic lifting bc they have the best lower bodies on earth IMHO. Pressing a lot of weight till my shoulder gives.....a couple of sessions of low intensity static cardio for general healthy/wellness.

Laughing at people who perform 1/4 squats with way too much weight at the gym and/or have 2 dedicated ARM DAYZZZZ at the gym also seems to to help my progress.
  • Nat_oxox
    Nat_oxox Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Lifting because I love the feeling of lifting heavy. To become stronger than I was. Plus having some muscle is awesome!
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    running, walking, cycling, swimming, kayaking, tennis because I love them all. They are all fun and put a big smile on my face. I also lift to get stronger for those things.
  • esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    OCR!!!! Obstacle Course Racing for the win. It is empowering, it is fun, it builds self confidence, it makes you look at something you don't think is possible and then you conquer it and get a huge high. Who doesn't love running, jumping,.crawling, and climbing?!?! Did I mention there is mud? #BeMoreHuman
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    esjones12 wrote: »
    OCR!!!! Obstacle Course Racing for the win. It is empowering, it is fun, it builds self confidence, it makes you look at something you don't think is possible and then you conquer it and get a huge high. Who doesn't love running, jumping,.crawling, and climbing?!?! Did I mention there is mud? #BeMoreHuman

I'm actually really interested in this - any tips on getting started/training?
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Leslie Sansone walking Dvd, HIIT DVD, treadmill-walking and running when the weather allows.
  • MissJay75
    MissJay75 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    I joined an all ages martial arts class with my kids. I discovered I really like to punch and kick things! Plus they make it really hard to ditch class when I'm feeling lazy.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Tennis/HIIT Training. I love the sport and the challenge to be better. It is a huge battle of endurance and mobility, with a lot of technique. The motion on the court is almost like a dance.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    Principally long distance running as I enjoy it. Road cycling and swimming as cross training and bodyweight resistance training to mitigate injury risk in the running.
  • Lisselinde
    Lisselinde Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Running. It feels so liberating and satisfying - I do it more to take my mind off of things. It's such a great way to reset your mood and mentality.
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Les Mills Combat because it's fun and it makes me feel like a badass. I still work it in if I can while doing another program.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Whatever is fun. I run, do Zumba, and a combination of Tai Chi and Yoga. Oh, and I skate on free skate night.