How did insanity work for you?

Options
did day 3 of insanity and I'm sore! Has any one else done insanity and did you get the results you wanted ??

Replies

• chips71xx
    chips71xx Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I did Shaun T's other program T25 and lost 70 pounds.
  • PAtinCO
    PAtinCO Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I've done it twice following the calendar and I still do the workouts as part of my routine. The soreness gets better, don't worry.

I didn't lose a ton of weight, maybe 15-20 pounds through two rounds, but my overall fitness level improved dramatically. When I started, 10 pushups was tough. Now I can mostly keep up with the people in the video on the month 2 workout that's mostly pushups (I forget the name), which comes out to around 150-175 in the one hour video. I couldn't run a 5k when started, I had to walk at least half of it and finished in about 33-34 minutes. Now I can finish one in about 25 minutes.

For weight loss though, I think it's a tough program. The workouts make you ravenous, I couldn't help but eat more than I wanted to. I would feel weak and sometimes even dizzy if I didn't.
  • JuliaKelly2015
    Options
    You need recovery drink to help quick muscles recovery. Insanity ... Just like its name...it's insane but it does works and very good. I have done insanity for a year and now I am doing insanity max 30. On week 3. Loving it by day...getting harder but you do feel you workout and get the result. My rock climbing grade is shooting ... My core muscles got stronger... You need this in rock climbing. Especially on overhanging routes... Keep at it...
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I finished it at the beginning of the year. I didn't lose much weight but I'm stronger and have better endurance. My first and last fit test numbers were quite different-- except the suicide jump, that's not my best area ;)

Keep going! It's a fun program and I felt so amazing when I was finished with each workout and even better when I completed the program.
  • hdrenollet
    hdrenollet Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I'm currently in week 5 of Insanity. The soreness goes away. I remember not even being able to walk the next day during that first week, and my endurance was so bad I had to take a break during the warm-ups. Now I can make it through most of the reps and I'm never really sore after the workouts. I've lost 15 lbs and 2 inches in 30 days. Eating healthy and eating a deficit, along with doing a daily protein supplement. Looking forward to Month 2!!