Over calorie intake today and freaking out!

Options
HELP! I'm only in day 5 and went over my calorie intake today. While I could workout and be under my intake, I'm having trouble motivating to get my but on the stationary bike in the other room. Know what? Forget it...I'm going on it now. Thanks for listening to me!!! Stay strong everyone!

Replies

• Sandcastles61
    Sandcastles61 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Very nice job talking yourself into making the right choice (*)
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Ok then. Way to go!!

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    By how much? 100 calories? 500 calories? 10,000 calories?

The reality of it is, unless you ate over your TDEE (amount for you to maintain your current weight), you will not have gained any weight. If you ate any amount under your TDEE, then you are technically still in a deficit, albeit a smaller one. So there's no need to freak out.

Your calorie goal is just that, a goal. Some days will be under goal and others over. In the grand scheme of things, it all evens out and you'll still lose weight so long as you maintain a deficit (of any amount).
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Move on……the bike. LOL
  • jadowns
    jadowns Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I ate 300 calories extra today, but drank 8 glasses of water. If everyday were like today I will lose 2 lbs in 5 weeks........ Sounds weird? I think it is the water consumption, truly. I recommend chilling out, and getting back on track tomorrow.... Drink some decaf tea tonight like chamomile or peppermint and have some green tea first thing in the morning.... Peace and love mama.