How much is too much sugar??

Options
I'm having trouble knowing whether or not I'm getting enough or too much sodium and sugar in my diet. I have my sugar daily goal set to 73 and my sodium set to 2,300. should I increase or reduce my sugar and salt to increase my fat loss??. I'm still having trouble getting enough protein, I've invested in protein bars, I eat as much legumes as I can get my hands on and I'm trying to eat allot of turkey,chicken,fish and beef every now and then but I don't always meet that macro nutrient.

Replies

• Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Sugar (natural or refined) is just a carb. I see no need to track sugar separately barring any medical conditions. Maybe track fiber instead?
  • fivelongmiles
    fivelongmiles Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm already over my sugar for the day just because I've had the broccoli-and-cauliflower mix at two meals, so you can imagine how much over I go most days. Sugar has no impact, try the above suggestion of tracking fiber instead :)
  • Laureani
    Laureani Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    turkfox wrote: »
    I'm already over my sugar for the day just because I've had the broccoli-and-cauliflower mix at two meals, so you can imagine how much over I go most days. Sugar has no impact, try the above suggestion of tracking fiber instead :)
    Yeah that sounds like a better idea. thanks to all.