Trying to gain weight!

Options
2»

Replies

• Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    wow, same here only I have trouble managing over 600cal my body gets ill. but I'm also working on gaining weight.
    weight training will help grow muscle which weighs more than the same amount of fat.
    I wish you luck

Are you saying 600 calories over your maintenance or 600 calories total?

ETA I just saw your profile. Good luck on your weight gain I wish you the best as you move forward.
  • carynrequejo
    carynrequejo Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Believe me I'm not eating all that healthy! I try to eat reasonably healthy but I have plenty of treats. I don't have a huge sweet tooth but I never met a tortilla chip I didn't like and cheese and crackers is my favorite snack when I'm trying to reach my goal. I'm up a pound this week. I'm getting better at hitting 2500. For anyone out there trying to gain weight my advise is to start early! If you get a lot of calories in at breakfast it makes the whole day easier.
  • strau168
    strau168 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hey there! I am also 5'4" 110llbs. I have been trying to gain weight for almost a month and actually lost two pounds! It is definitely tough and you will have to eat more food than you ever thought possible. I do two protein shakes a day plus eat what feels like all the time and still barely hit my calories.

My nutritionist and I have a new plan this week where I set an alarm on my phone to remind me to eat every two hours. We will see how it goes!
  • carynrequejo
    carynrequejo Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I try to eat every two or three hours too. Helps to break it down. I was 111.5 today. Hopefully not just from that time of the month
  • toppdogg93
    toppdogg93 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Go hard on carbs never fails
  • RECowgill
    RECowgill Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Don't get so caught up in the numbers. I saw this pro bodybuilder woman talk about how she eats 6000+ cals a day in her bulk phase. If you're not gaining eat more, don't fiddle around the margins. And lift heavy while you do this, try to turn as much of that weight gain into lean mass as you possibly can.
  • orchidee1987
    orchidee1987 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Keep trying ! I put on one pound a month eating 2700 cals