Getting Burned Out!!!!

Options
Hello, my friend suggested I eat a lot of protein to lose weight. I'm eating oatmeal, egg whites with spinach, then tilapia and black beans, then a protein shake with a rice cake, baked chicken and broccoli every 2-3 hours. I have been doing this for 3 weeks almost and I have lost 7 pounds so far!!! I am getting burned out of eating the same stuff everyday. Is there any other way to lose weight without eating this day in and day out? I need help please!!!!!! : /

Replies

• SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    why are you eating the same thing every day?
  • green_eyes_99
    green_eyes_99 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Because thats how my friend lost so much weight and suggested I try it too. There has to be another way, I hope.
  • tabbyblack13
    tabbyblack13 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Instead of tilapia try salmon or orange roughy. You can also have a pouch of tuna fish with a half of a large avacado plus seasoning in lettuce wraps. In fact herbs are a calorie free way to add more flavor. You can use salt but try to keep it to a minimum because it can cause you to retain water.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    You could just eat at a calorie deficit and use this app to track...............I won't knock high protein though. Nom.
  • daw0518
    daw0518 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    You can definitely switch it up. All that really matters is that you're at a calorie deficit. Otherwise, you can pretty much eat whatever you want and you'll still lose weight. I would just play around with different foods and meals & see what works for you. I try to stay around 500 calories or less per meal. For example, I generally have meat, veggie, and potato for dinner. Sometimes I'll have chicken, sometimes fish. Sometimes green beans, sometimes peas. Sometimes fried potatoes, sometimes baked potato. You get the picture. All of those combos are still around 500 calories.
  • Virkati
    Virkati Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind that everyone is different. While your friend may have lost a lot of weight with that particular meal plan, if you are burned out, you're more likely to stop adhering to it. Most of us need a wide variety to chose from...even if we actually eat mostly the same things. I go to the farmers market and look at everything. Then I purchase what I normally do because that's just how I eat. BUT, I do try to get one new thing to try. I found out that I LOVE fresh green beans...raw. They're sweet, crunchy, healthy, and have so few calories that when I'm getting close to my limit for the day, I can eat the green beans until I'm sated without really worrying about the calories.

All that to say...loosen up with your meal choices. As long as you're at a deficit, you'll lose the weight. I have learned what my triggers are and I avoid them. I haven't cut them out, I just limit them and avoid them when they aren't part of the meal plan for that day.

Good luck :smiley:
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Because thats how my friend lost so much weight and suggested I try it too. There has to be another way, I hope.

Haha! Of course there's another way! The only requirement for weight loss is a calorie deficit. If you're looking for foods to keep you full while on a deficit, focus on protein, fats, and fiber. My goal is to eat the yummiest foods that fit my macros, micros and calorie goals. Each work week I try to switch it up a bit (I do meal prepping on Sunday for the entire work week). Dinner and dessert are always changing from day to day.

Protein isn't magical for weight loss, though. That idea is misleading. The reason people lean towards protein is for a few reasons:

1) (like I said earlier) it helps keep you satisfied

2) it helps keep the muscle you have (when coupled with a progressive loading resistance training program, usually heavy lifting).

It's hard to build muscle so I try to keep as much of it as I can. I want to look leaner, not just smaller. If you want to maximize fat loss while minimizing muscle loss while on a deficit, you might want to look into that a bit more, if you're interested.