Im new and saying hello to the amazing community!

Options
My name is Jonathan. I am 22 years old. I am 5'8 and weight 163 (I stared here at 179). I started to gain weight the last couple of years. When I was in High School and before moving I was skinny. I could fit into skinny jeans and was happy with my health. The last couple of years I gained alot from depressed eating and just not moving out of bed. I use to eat an entire half of a pizza, cake, pie (half of it), oil and grease, not really caring about my health. I remember knowing I was gaining weight, but not doing anything about it. A tried to start workouts and diets many times last year. Because of my current horrible living condition with my fiance and his parents (we are moving out in January), I just ate whatever I found because they never bought food for more then one meal at a time. I found myfitnesspal. I decided to just try to monitor my food. It was worth a shot. about 13 pounds later, I decided that this DOES work. and it is really not that hard. I measure stuff, and am learning how to live a healthy lifestyle. I dont take out the junk food, but I dont eat it very much as I did before. I am almost an expert on what is worth eating and buying and what is not. Whenever I pick something up, I look at the calories and serving size. Recently I started to concern myself with sodium and not to go over the sodium level. Its almost became second nature to me. I would love some motivation and any advice on just living healthy.

Replies

• 2dayirunforme
    2dayirunforme Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Hi Jonathan! you can add me, we can all use some encouragement, help and motivation.
  • brahmergirl
    brahmergirl Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet you! Congrats on your 13 pound loss! you can add me!