Need food help at wrestling Meet

Options
my son made it to state wrestling, but it's run by tyrants. They do not allow you to bring anything in, not even water and they check your bags and purses. You cannot leave either or have to repay to go back in. :(
At home I can control my food choices, I'll be there for two days and am freaking out about what to eat, the vendors there are not healthy.
Burritos and pizza, fast food hell if you're trying to loose weight.
Any suggestions or help?

Replies

• missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Eat what you want, but in smaller portions.

I do find it a bit ridiculous (and scammy) that they will not allow you to bring any food in, and are essentially forcing people to eat and purchase only what the vendors provide. For people who have true dietary restrictions (like having intolerances or a need to track certain macros due to medical conditions), that sounds like an awful place to be. I personally would be complaining, especially if they're financially penalizing you to leave and come back.
  • cactusscraps
    cactusscraps Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have complained, but they do nothing. They even restrict what the teams and coaches bring in. It's stupid money making scam for them and the vendors.

My only idea so far is to go to the burrito guy and ask him to just put together a salad with the chicken and lettuce, tomatoes, etc. I hope they will. Last year was a nightmare.

I feel for anyone with medical diet restrictions, you'd probably have to bring your medical files and a signed and notarized note from your doctor :(
  • SunflowerCat74
    SunflowerCat74 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Wow that's complete *kitten*! If I were you I would take photos of all the food options available and when you get home write a letter to whatever association heads this debacle up and tell/show them how awful it is and demand that they provide healthier options for the next go round. Don't forget to mention that it's discrimination against people with genuine dietary concerns. Wrestling in general is riddled with food issues and eating disorders. This is just a slap in the face.

So your choices this go round are: Tip your burrito guy well or just prepare to have your wallet out for readmission.