florida peeps unite

Options
sofakingstevens
sofakingstevens Posts: 201 Member
Sooooo where are my Florida people at? And if so, how do you spend your time with the fun and sun?

Replies

• MommysLittleMeatball
    MommysLittleMeatball Posts: 2,064 Member
    Options
    Central, Gulf coast of Florida! Weather has been great lately, chilly, so nice to actually be outside. Take my dogs for long walks, jog. Lots of great craft brew places to go to. Camping.
    When it's warmer - beach time and, more importantly, boat time - FISHING! Camping on islands.
  • sofakingstevens
    Options
    South east coast here. Fishing! Hells yea. Feels like I spend more time in the water than on dry land lol
  • tonybalony01
    tonybalony01 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    First Coast resident. Love going to St Augustine and wandering around the historic district, hitting the local parks for some nature trails, and road cycling on the weekends.
  • MommysLittleMeatball
    MommysLittleMeatball Posts: 2,064 Member
    Options
    I definitely want to go to St Augustine once it warms up a little. lol It was 39 this morning, soooo, freezing in Florida terms. :p
  • tonybalony01
    tonybalony01 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Yep, supposed to be in the low 30's overnight for the next few nights. Wrap the outdoor faucets and cover the plants! lol
    By the way, went to school in P'cola. Love the Gulf Coast. Much better beaches than the Atlantic side and better seafood, too.
  • sofakingstevens
    Options
    No joke freezing. Lol being a native, anything under 70 and I'm bundled up in my robe and lonely single pair of pants I own.
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I'm like Jackie: Central Gulf Coast! (Tampa Bay area) I'm a native too. Plenty of kayaking, SUP, and places to explore, but right now, it's too cold, time to hide under the covers and turn the heat in the house on!