I need quinoa recipes!

marybethbeech
marybethbeech Posts: 181
edited September 21 in Recipes
Does anyone have a good quinoa recipe? I bought some the other day but I'm at a loss for what to do with it. I've found a few recipes online but I'd like to make something that someone else has tried and enjoyed. Thanks!

Replies

• tbear358
    tbear358 Posts: 41 Member
    I get bell peppers of all different colors, chop em up, throw em in the quinoa with a few sprinkles of feta, some sliced black olives, diced tomatoes, and lime juice, i use mrs. dash garlic and herb or original for seasoning....citrus veggie quinoa
  • LongMom
    LongMom Posts: 408 Member
    I like to fry up some veggies (especially eggplant and zuccini) in Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegar. Then I toss them into the quinoa. I then throw in some crumbled Goats Cheese and voila! Delicious!
  • Supermel
    Supermel Posts: 612 Member
    Our favourite way to eat it is to cook some in water, and then add a boillion cube such as chicken or vegetable into the water. Gives it such a good flavour. We make a big batch and eat out of the container for a few days. We use it like rice as a side, or as a base for stirfry. We also love beef or chicken with a peanut sauce (soy sauce, low fat pb or natural, splenda, galric mixed up together) and the quinoa sticks to the peanut sauce so nice, we then have green beans, aspargus or broccoli and kind of mix it all up. Yummy.
  • Thanks everybody! I can't wait to try these!
  • fitinyoga14
    fitinyoga14 Posts: 448 Member
    just to add something a little different than the examples already posted: you don't have to think just dinner for quinoa. you could add sweet add-ins to it just as you would oatmeal to make a hearty breakfast. this sounds weird, but i find it very tasty when mixed with citrus fruits.
This discussion has been closed.