HELP: Inches and Scale

Options
I am getting partly frustrated; I say partly because I am losing inches but the scale is staying at 219 and 220 for the last week. The first week to 2 weeks I was down 8 pounds but since 21 Jan I am still down the 8.5 pounds and lost 6.5inches. Anyone have any ideas how to kick start the scale again, or is this normal and ok?

for exercise I do Kettlebell on Mondays and TRX on Tuesdays & Fridays, and I walk

Replies

• Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Can you open your diary?
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I am getting partly frustrated; I say partly because I am losing inches but the scale is staying at 219 and 220 for the last week. The first week to 2 weeks I was down 8 pounds but since 21 Jan I am still down the 8.5 pounds and lost 6.5inches. Anyone have any ideas how to kick start the scale again, or is this normal and ok?

for exercise I do Kettlebell on Mondays and TRX on Tuesdays & Fridays, and I walk

you are LOSING inches

so you are losing fat where people can see it

the number on the scale is unimportant

Weight loss isn't linear .. it's masked by water weight .. just keep going .. focus on the measurements and log accurately
  • mgtownsend71
    mgtownsend71 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    you are LOSING inches

so you are losing fat where people can see it

the number on the scale is unimportant

Weight loss isn't linear .. it's masked by water weight .. just keep going .. focus on the measurements and log accurately

thanks, I guess it has only been since 21 Jan and I didn't put this on overnight. I have another appointment with the dietition to do a grocery store walk tonight and she reviewed my food logs last week and she was happy with what I was eating, so I will just keep going :-)
  • mgtownsend71
    Options
    Laurend224 wrote: »
    Can you open your diary?

I have now opened my diary
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Inches are better than pounds, WTG!
  • Delilahhhhhh
    Delilahhhhhh Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    You are doing great, on the weight loss and inches. I've posted this link about whooshes, it sounds a bit mad, but I read this when I felt a tad frustrated and it made sense. Good luck with your journey.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/of-whooshes-and-squishy-fat.html/
  • mgtownsend71
    Options
    thanks for the support and great article Deliliahhhhhh :-)