Looking for Friends!

Options
Hello everyone!

My name is Katie and I'm a 19 year old university student studying Biochemistry. Since freshman year, I could say I've gained the freshman 15, but I've really gained the freshman 30, putting me at a shocking weight of 152 lbs. Since December 28th, I've been trying to lose weight by changing my diet, counting calories, going to the gym at least 3 times a week, and doing yoga, which has helped my lose 16 pounds even before I started the app! Now I just have to go the extra mile to lose at least 16 more pounds to be at my goal weight of 120 lbs.

Since I've been on, I see that having friends keeps me motivated, along with giving me more healthy recipes to try, as well as being able to learn about they're amazing accomplishments. So with that being said, add me! I will add anyone who adds me!

Put your story below if you want! It'd be great to "meet" all of you! :)
~Katie

Replies

• jorodri7
    jorodri7 Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Hey Katie welcome aboard. I put the freshman 15 on back then and then some. Then I met a girl and got married and went through an unhappy marriage. I was eating my emotions and now at 25 I am in the process of divorce and ready to find myself once more. I am wanting to lose 100 pounds seeing that I gained that and more since my college years. And so far we have 10 pounds down. It's great to read about you feel free to add me if you need a shoulder to lean on. We are in it to win it!
  • mttewes
    mttewes Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Nice work! I'd be happy to help you. Feel free to add me if you're looking for additional support, motivation, or accountability. Best of luck on your continued success.
  • joylevelup
    joylevelup Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Good luck!
  • jessimacd
    jessimacd Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi Katie, I'm 32 years old and from New Brunswick, Canada. My weight has been a work in progress since high school, when I was much more active, and I can definitely relate to the freshman 15-30 (which I put on and then lost while doing my first degree... but then somehow found again :neutral_face: ). I'm 5"9 and would love to get back to my comfortable weight range of 150-160lbs. I'm trying to stick to 1200 cals a day and though it's a challenge, earning some extra calories via exercise helps! I play in a women's basketball league twice/week and have been trying to hit the treadmill (I'm doing a "learn to run" program) 3 times/week, though I find it hard to motivate myself to do so, since I'm more of a team sports kind of person. One day at a time though, right??

I'll add you as a friend so we can support each other! :smile:
  • BootCampC
    BootCampC Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me .. always looking for motivated friends
  • OMGitsEricaa
    OMGitsEricaa Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi Katie, great to meet you! Seems like you already have a great head start. My name is Erica,I'm 19 years old and work two part time jobs and go to school full time. I mainly just want to get healthier not only to look good but to help with my depression naturally. I've found that I'm lacking in self care severely right now and I would love to have some friends to motivate me.