Starting to day.

Options
I need motivation.

Replies

• melly0405
    melly0405 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Welcome I started this week as well. Take it one day at a time and you will do great
  • watmall
    watmall Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I would like to lose at least 20 pounds by May. If you have any tips or would like to encourage each other along the way, that would be great.
  • btmumma
    btmumma Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I started this week as well. What did it for me was trying on my dress for my vow renewal on 2/21 and it isn't even close to fitting anymore. I gained way too much weight. I'm actually heavier now than I have ever been (including pregnancy). I need to lose 50-60 lbs.
  • loganboo2
    loganboo2 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    My biggest tip is drink lots of water!!!! Diet soda and crystal light is really bad because it has aspertaime in it! I cut all bread, pasta, sugar, and the only dairy I eat is Greek yogurt. I've already lost 7 pounds! Read the back of "healthy" foods and you'll see it's loaded with sugar, and other junk! Fruits, veggies, and whole foods are the best way to go! Let me know if you need help or recipes!!
  • Yolkex
    Yolkex Posts: 13
    Options
    Losing weight is not as hard as it sounds. Here are a few simple tips that I used personally to help me lose 40 pounds:

1. STOP DRINKING SODA. Don't even drink diet soda. Just drink water.
    2. STOP EATING SIDES. The main course is plenty. By eating french fries you are just putting extra unneeded carbohydrates in your body.
    3. Ride a bike or walk every once and a while. You don't need to do P90x or other extreme exercises. Just walking every now and then is all you need.
    4. Wear a pedometer. Keep track of your steps.
    5. When you are feeling hungry in between meals, try drinking water first. Usually, people snack when they are actually just thirsty. Water does the body good.
    6. Snack on better stuff. Don't let my previous tip fool you. Snacking is very okay to do. Just try to stay away from junk food and eat fruits and vegetables instead.

I hope these tips have been helpful.
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I drink diet soda all the time. I've lost a huge amount of weight. I don't see what difference it makes.

Anyway, advice:

1) You can't outrun your fork. Sorry, you don't and won't burn anywhere near the calories you think you do through exercise. Exercise is great for other health reasons like building cardiovascular endurance and whatnot, I row at least 5000m a day during lunch break, but to just lose weight? You'll probably end up overestimating your burn, plateau or gain, and just give up.

2) No foods are forbidden, you just have to learn how to eat less of them and control yourself. I eat chocolate, pizza, fried foods, etc, right along with grilled chicken and broccoli. I've lost a massive amount of weight without deprivation. Foods higher in protein and fiber will lead to longer satiety, but ultimately all your body cares about as far as weight loss is concerned is calories in and out.