Unable too keep up with Insanity work out!!

Options
Okay! I did the fit test, which left me very sore the next morning but I continued with the actual first day of insanity today! I was only able to complete like 70%.... I just couldn't keep up!

All the people new to insanity out there, how are you guys doing? Are you guys having trouble too?

Replies

• Health1erme
    Health1erme Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am actually going to start it tomorrow! I tried it once before though & let me tell ya...I was sore for at least 4 days after. All types of aches & pains. I'm excited to get back into it though. It works wonders! Try to stick it out. Take break days when ya need them though. :)
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    I start in the morning. As I understand it, though, you shouldn't be able to keep up, at least at first. Stick it out and do as much as you can as hard as you can. Strive for doing it all, but don't hurt yourself. You should find that you start being able to last longer as you progress. As long as it's just soreness, work through it (moving will help reduce soreness long term by keeping the lactic acid from pooling in your muscles). Good luck.
  • Leilis20
    Leilis20 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I start today, I did the fit test and I was a complete mess, in fact I could not do the last two series, but keep trying tomorrow. gasped.:tongue:
  • joeysfacts
    joeysfacts Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I have fully completed the 60 days once and almost completed it a second time. Two weeks to go. Don't get discouraged and don't feel you need to keep up with them. Most important is that you do the exercises correctly. Go at your own pace and if you need a break, take it. Remember those on the video are all very fit and have been doing hard core workouts for a long time. Don't expect to keep up with them. If you stick with it, I promise you that you will be that much more fit and be able to do that much more within a month.....and then the second month starts :smile:wink:
  • ellew70
    ellew70 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    If you notice... THEY can't keep up with the workout - the spinning instructor and the marathon runner - LOL. Heck, there are times Shaun T can't keep up. get a heart rate monitor and figure out what the right zone is for you for your age, and just work to max capacity. You'll get better, I promise!

I'm in recovery week... month 2 starts next monday!
  • OMG_Twinkies
    OMG_Twinkies Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I just finished the program his past weekend. After day #1, I was lying on the floor gasping for breath, and I had already taken a zillion breaks during the workout. You'll still take breaks throughout, but it's fun to push yourself and see how much further you can get than the last time. Your progress will astound you, I promise. Keep it up :)
  • zachherda
    zachherda Posts: 47
    Options
    I started on May 27th and yes, the Fit Test and first week are pretty brutal. The soreness for me really lifted after the Recovery day (Thursday for me). Since then, my legs get tired but not sore like they were. If you are interested in reading about my journey so far I started a blog that I will update daily.

guidanceforgoinginsane.blogspot.com

Today was Day 1 of Week 2 and my measurement day and I have already seen lots of improvements! I dropped 4 lbs and lost 5.51 inches total! Stick with it and add me if you would like support. I would love to talk to you about fitness and insanity!
  • AnguishLanguish
    AnguishLanguish Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I don't focus on keeping up with the people in the video, I worry about keeping up with myself and pushing myself to my limits. The people in the videos need breaks and they are in far better shape than I am so surely I can take a break here and there!
  • Jeeto115
    Jeeto115 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the support guys! Will def. push myself to the max!
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    I dont know anyone that was able to keep up with the video. Hell, it made me puke! Out of the 1 minute exercises I probably did it in 10 second increments, took a 10 second break, did 10 seconds etc. Then I worked my way up to 30 seconds each exercise. this way I was doing every exercise on the video, and not pausing it.
  • zachherda
    zachherda Posts: 47
    Options
    Yes, definitely go at your own pace. Even Shaun T says that over and over. I can hardly keep up with them on the first time through a circuit. But it all seems to be getting better. My best advice is to get a heart rate monitor. That way you know how hard your heart is working and can take more efficient breaks. For example, my "I'm the zone" range is 137 to 179, anything above that and I am higher than my fat burning zone and anything below I am below. This way I know if I need a rest or not based more on my heart rate or not. :) now I still take breaks because I am tired but usually try to push it so my heart rate is up higher before I do! Keep at it!
  • priyasonty
    priyasonty Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I just started yesterday! It's super hard, huh? Hang in there. Reading these posts makes me feel like I can do it!
  • mfleeg
    mfleeg Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    You can do this!!!

Like what Shaun T says, go at your own pace! Tania on the video's max workout is much different than your max workout.

At first, I would pause the DVD when the intervals would change.... not in between each rest period but when the moves of the intervals would change. LOL! I needed an extra breather. :) Just push yourself, know your true limits vs. when you would be giving up too early and you will get better.

I am on my second week of max workouts and never pause! :)
  • Shelby1582
    Shelby1582 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Just do what you can. The first time I did it was at a friend's house and I though she was kidding when she said there was more after the warm up. I was dying!!! If you keep up with it you'll be able to do more as you get stronger and better conditioned. And all of those people on there are so in shape and they are struggling- so don't feel bad as a beginner.
    It doesn't get easier because your body can push harder each time but eventually you will be able to finish a workout. I have to pause it sometimes because my heart rate gets really high
  • BonaFideUK
    BonaFideUK Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Dont worry about not keeping up, Shaun-T who created the program cant even do it 100% when he tried recently. Just do it to the best of your ability and take breaks when needed.
  • brittaney10811
    brittaney10811 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    do what you can. write down your results of the workout.... what you skipped, how many reps you got in, what time during the dvd you stopped, etc. then in 60 days, do it again, then compare results! keep on working and revisiting that fit test every 60 days... if you're true to your diet and exercise, it will continue to get better results!
  • Victoria2448
    Victoria2448 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Keep doing what you can, eventually you will be able to do more. It's a tough workout but very satisfying as you get better and better.
    Just be sure to listen to your body and properly fuel yourself, the results will be amazing. Good luck and have fun.

(I'll be working out with Shaun T is a couple of weeks..talk about tough..OMG! I love when he yells at people to put the cameras down and work out! LOL )
  • Fit4_Life
    Fit4_Life Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday (again). My goal is to complete the 60 days this time. I impressed myself comparing how I did 2 months ago. I pushed myself last night and felt so good afterwards, knowing that I can push myself each day. Good luck to you and others! :flowerforyou:
  • sleibo87
    sleibo87 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Don't stress! Half the people in the video cant keep up! I already did the program all the way through and now use if for my cardio days and I still am not a pro. I either go a little slower with extra breaks or bust *kitten* and go as fast as I can but usually need a few more breaks. You will see a MASSIVE change after the 90 days, as far as endurance goes. i could never run a mile without dying before this workout program, and ran my first 5k right after I finished it. Just keep up the hard work!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    Okay! I did the fit test, which left me very sore the next morning but I continued with the actual first day of insanity today! I was only able to complete like 70%.... I just couldn't keep up!

All the people new to insanity out there, how are you guys doing? Are you guys having trouble too?
    Fitness doesn't happen overnight. It will probably take 3 weeks or more to get in better shape.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition