How much is too much exercising

Options
Just wanted to know how much is too much. and is there such thing as overdoing working out? should you take a break, or workout 7 days a week?

Replies

• slcbrus
    slcbrus Posts: 79
    Options
    I have been wondering about that. I know that it is possible to work out too much but I don't know at what point it happens. Right now I work out 6 or 7 days a week, at leas 45 minutes every day. Sometimes it's one hour, sometimes 90 minutes. Depends on how I feel, how much time I can put in and so on. I try to listen to my body but I also try to push myself several times a week.
    I don't know what the "rules" are, if there are any.
  • rcarter91
    rcarter91 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    hey there.

It is possible to over do it, i tend to give myself 2 days off a week or at least a couple of days where the exercise is a lot milder for example a long walk rather than intense cardio :) Give's your body a little time to rest.
  • KristyO
    KristyO Posts: 126
    Options
    I just saw Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson on Rachel Ray show (I was in the emergency waiting room, I had no choice!) and he said that your body needs rest in order to be its most efficient. He's a pretty in-shape dude so he knows what he's talking about. While I think it's good to be physically active everyday (walking, cleaning, dancing around at least), I think taking a break from your actual workouts once or twice a week is a good thing.

May I recommend that you follow Stroutman81 blog...he's a friend on my page. He is a trainer and has great advice.

Tameka - you mentioned on your page about staying on track with a new boo...he just wrote a good blog about that situation...I know how you feel... :wink:
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    Are you tired?
    Do your limbs feel heavy?
    Have trouble falling asleep despite being tired?
    Have you notice a decrease in your performance when you do workout?
    Do you feel unmotivated?
    headachy?
    muscles and joints achy?

Any/all of these are signs that you are overtraining. Listen to your body, it'll tell you what to do.
  • tameka1220
    tameka1220 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I just saw Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson on Rachel Ray show (I was in the emergency waiting room, I had no choice!) and he said that your body needs rest in order to be its most efficient. He's a pretty in-shape dude so he knows what he's talking about. While I think it's good to be physically active everyday (walking, cleaning, dancing around at least), I think taking a break from your actual workouts once or twice a week is a good thing.

May I recommend that you follow Stroutman81 blog...he's a friend on my page. He is a trainer and has great advice.

Tameka - you mentioned on your page about staying on track with a new boo...he just wrote a good blog about that situation...I know how you feel... :wink:

The Rock's body is definitely on point!!! We should listen to him and i am gonna add the trainer to my friend list and "grill" him to death!!

WHen I started my new healthy eating my "boo" joined me! My teammate! It's good to buddy up. Plus I couldn't have him eating pizza and etc and i'm on the other side eating a celery stick LOL!! SO far he's lost 17, 18lbs too. Now he want's to "muscle" up!
  • tameka1220
    tameka1220 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Are you tired?
    Do your limbs feel heavy?
    Have trouble falling asleep despite being tired?
    Have you notice a decrease in your performance when you do workout?
    Do you feel unmotivated?
    headachy?
    muscles and joints achy?

Any/all of these are signs that you are overtraining. Listen to your body, it'll tell you what to do.

None of those symptoms so far. But good to lnow, thanks, I will look out for those signs