Mom of 3 needing workout motivation

Hi all. I downloaded this app a few months ago and sporadically used it. Just started seriously using it today. Looking to get fit and gain weight at the same time. Need some workout motivation and great starter food recipes and meal plans. Any other moms on here working out?

Replies

• Yaya28
    Yaya28 Posts: 12 Member
    Welcome! I've been on here for years and still have not lost weight. SAHM of 4 all 7 and under. Still trying to figure out how to make myself a priority. I am making changes though. I'm working out and we are eating better. Just need to be consistent and stop the emotional eating.
    Good luck!
  • Hello, I suggest light aerobics (otherwise known as dancing with some aerobics moves thrown in). 30 minutes is great and you can find yourself doing more - to music of course. Find something to boogie to whilst cleaning or between jobs. I find it really good to do between bouts of studying and writing my thesis. I hope this helps. Food wise I go with hairy dieters!
  • megginanderson
    megginanderson Posts: 276 Member
    I have 3 kids too! 9yo boy, 6yo girl and 3yo boy. Let's DO this, Together:)
  • tiffanylacourse
    tiffanylacourse Posts: 2,986 Member
    Mom of three rambunctious boys here (12, 9, and 6) - as well as my husband - and our 17 month old (105#) lab puppy... Needless to say, I'm BUSY! Been on here for years but just got back on the wagon January 1st and have lost 4.6# in that time. I know it doesn't seem like much, but it's sustainable loss by making changes I can live with forever. I'm always looking for friends with similar interests - feel free to add me & best of luck! :flowerforyou:
  • I have been on here for 11 days and have lost over 10 pounds. I have not started working out yet, just counting calories and watching what I am putting in my mouth. I am a mother of 2 and a student and need to figure out how to find motivation to work out too. I do not want to pay for a gym membership and then never use it.
  • celcen
    celcen Posts: 7 Member
    There are a few things that have helped me loose a little weight.
    1- I plan my meals most days.
    - 2- I log them and make sure that I stay within limits
    - 3-I walk for at least 20 minutes every day. I use a free app on my phone , my walking pal, that tracks my walk and links to my food diary in the PC.
    - 4-When I go out to dinner I eat a big salad, little dressing, and drink two glasses of water before I eat the main course.
    -5- I try to manage my own expectation by trying to loose NO MORE than 2 pounds a week. If I loose a pound , I am still happy.
    Hope this helps
  • megginanderson
    celcen wrote: »
    There are a few things that have helped me loose a little weight.
    1- I plan my meals most days.
    - 2- I log them and make sure that I stay within limits
    - 3-I walk for at least 20 minutes every day. I use a free app on my phone , my walking pal, that tracks my walk and links to my food diary in the PC.
    - 4-When I go out to dinner I eat a big salad, little dressing, and drink two glasses of water before I eat the main course.
    -5- I try to manage my own expectation by trying to loose NO MORE than 2 pounds a week. If I loose a pound , I am still happy.
    Hope this helps

• megginanderson
    great advice! sorry, not sure how to comment on a post i guess:(
  • Nottafattie
    Nottafattie Posts: 140 Member
    SAHM of six, so not a lot of time for myself. Been on MFP since early 2013, but serious for the last 45+ days. You are welcome to add me. I keep my diary open so you can check that out as you please.

My tips are:
    1. I log my whole day of food before I take my first bite. Makes it easier to stick with if I'm not guessing the whole day or leaving myself open for a snack attack.
    2. Bought a small stair-stepper from Wally World. Gold's Gym brand about the size of a 24 pk of soda and around $40. I step whenever I get the chance to catch 30 mins of TV in the evenings.
    3. Got a cheap pedometer (can't always carry or find my phone). I keep track of my steps and try to increase it every day, even if it's just by a few steps.
    4. Accepted that even though it was instant realization that I gained 30 lbs, it actually took a while to put the weight on. That means that it will take time to lose it. If I go too fast, I will have to deal with the super saggy skin or have consequences to my health. Taking my time means that I can pick myself up immediately after I fall off the wagon and hop back on, because that one fall is just a small moment of a much larger journey. It means that there is no day of bad choices that has to stop me from accomplishing my goals. It means I have time to break my bad habits so I can maintain my new lifestyle when I reach my goal.
    5. For one meal a week, I have my cake and eat it too. I don't have a reward day because I personally have a hard time getting my groove back after a full day of gluttony. I do allow myself some wiggle room for Sunday suppers. Forgiveness is divine and so is chocolate. ;) This may not work for you. You may need more wiggle room throughout the week until you can build up better habits and nutrition. Don't expect that you will have the magic formula for your journey right off the bat.