Need friends for motivation!

Options
sabrina_80s4ever
sabrina_80s4ever Posts: 42 Member
edited February 2015 in Motivation and Support
Here I am, on the right track finally. I gained a lot of weight after my 3rd child and kept telling people it was post baby fat. Well after 10 years, that line doesn't fly, lol. Almost 2 years ago, I got a job as a medical assistant at a weight loss office, and I dropped 24 lbs in about 3 months and was at 185. I became more active and did well maintaining for a while, until I started snacking and drinking more and more often. After I lost my job and was out of work for a year, I gained all that weight back and was back at 209 lbs. I was so sad and depressed and I pretty much ate my feelings. Finally, I got a great job 4 months ago thanks to my childhood friend who I work with now. We would stop at the gas station every morning and get junk food to snack on through the day. One day I tried on a shirt that I wore during my 1st week at work and it was tight. I gained another 7 lbs. On January 19th, I started a diet similar to that I learned at my previous job. I have stuck to it, rejected temptation and started exercising again. This morning I weighed 197. I cannot express how good it feels to look at the scale and see another pound gone! My goal is to reach 160 lbs, and to gain muscle, strength and confidence! Going on a cruise this Summer, and hope to be able to wear a bikini again :-) Would love to find some new friends for chat & motivation!

Replies

• 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Good for you! not really into dieting, but I'm trying to lose about 15-20 pounds myself. Headed to Vegas in March and dying to wear this awesome dress - working the core and running like the wind (okay, not really). Friend me. :)
  • sabrina_80s4ever
    Options
    Awesome! You can do it and you're gonna look amazing! You are beautiful! Keep running :smiley:
  • hlsours1
    hlsours1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi dimpley! I lost 20lbs for my wedding but over the holidays and after going on my honeymoon, I gained 10 back. I'm working to lose what I gained and more! I'm doing a FREE 6 week email series . . . 6 Weeks To A More Improved You! You will get an email from me every Monday morning for 6 weeks with a strategy to work on for the week. Does that sound like something you would be in? You can add me on fb, I'm always looking to help people reach their goals while working towards my own. https://www.facebook.com/#!/heather.rivera118
  • loganboo2
    loganboo2 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Add me! Anytime you need to talk, im free! You can do it! Just stick with it and you will see results! Don't eat "healthy" processed foods! They are junk! Read labels. Eat whole foods!
  • sabrina_80s4ever
    Options
    sure hlsours1, sounds good
    loganboo2. thanks hun! I am doing my best. You can talk to me anytime too.
  • olyjok
    olyjok Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    This is my third time losing weight! Gas stations are my enemy! Pay at the pump now and have extra money! YAAA! Some days my kids make me want to drink a 12 pack of beer and eat anything quick... Not going to be like this anymore! Feel free to add me. I can be supportive and encouraging.
  • goofydee30
    goofydee30 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Can always use the extra support & motivation from others please feel free to add me... Been over weight my entire life it seems & got to the point where I'm tired of being tired & decided to make that change. Never used to read labels but i do now.
  • csugden88
    csugden88 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I could use some supportive peeps to keep me on track and accountable. Happy to do the same in return. I've always hovered around 150 lbs but now that I'm closer to being 30 than 20 I really want to make sure I'm in tip top shape. I've got quite a demanding job and it's very easy for me to be busy and fall off the wagon :-( but over the next 8 weeks I'm hoping to reach my goal of 140lbs or even beat it!
    Feel free to add me :-)
  • deyoun
    deyoun Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I am also trying to loose the baby weight after 3 kids. So far I have lost 20 lbs and need to loose 30 more to reach my goal. We can do this :) Feel free to add me for support ..
  • inspired2015
    inspired2015 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    i'll be your friend Lol. i'm looking for the same! i'm new here, and after trying WW S-slimmers & Tesco Health& Wellbeing, i'm about ready to give up:( I suffer from Fibromyalgia and in 4yrs i've gained 3st because i'm not able to use the gym. I am only now beginning to be more mobile and do some exercise at home, I have the motivation but... i need someone to help me focus and keep up this battle xx
  • daniellel76
    daniellel76 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'd love some friends to support and share ideas. I've been at this about five weeks, but have been up and down over the last few years. Anyone is welcome to send me a friend request!
  • mah_masha
    mah_masha Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    i am like you ..i have two kids and i am 88 kg i want to be 63 ..add me and motivate each other