Where's my Vegans at? what are you guys eating?

Options
2»

Replies

• veganbettie
    veganbettie Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    meeeeee almost 8 years. imagine that.
  • neutralmente
    neutralmente Posts: 5
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I've been trying to eat more vegetarian for ethical reasons, but my body doesn't tolerate the extra carbohydrates very well. I have pretty bad insulin resistance, even with exercise. My doctor wants me to eat a small carb & protein (10-20 grams) meal every 3 hours. Do any of you manage a higher protein vegetarian/vegan diet? I'd love ideas.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I've been trying to eat more vegetarian for ethical reasons, but my body doesn't tolerate the extra carbohydrates very well. I have pretty bad insulin resistance, even with exercise. My doctor wants me to eat a small carb & protein (10-20 grams) meal every 3 hours. Do any of you manage a higher protein vegetarian/vegan diet? I'd love ideas.

I'm a higher protein veggie. I'd probably ethically prefer to be vegan, but my body needs the balance of moderate carbs and higher protein. I'm not sure how I'd do that without dairy and eggs. I also have celiac disease, and that would cut out some good sources of vegan protein.

• swole_elsa
    swole_elsa Posts: 247 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Vegan here. Heyoooo.

Question is, what don't I eat?
    3ad3b8ee9ed860744d939b309bff9db8.jpg

ETA it's for ethical reasons. Veganism is not a diet. It is a way of living that excludes animal products and exploitation from all aspects of life, not just your diet. If you're just doing it for diet it's not vegan, it's "plant-based." Not one for labels but I just thought I'd clear up some confusion ;)
  • VeggieStef
    VeggieStef Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Smoothie for breakfast with some Sun Warrior protein has been helping me stay full until lunchtime. I have been vegan a few years and vegetarian 10 years in May. I am not having a hard time finding foods to eat but I cook a lot. Also am lucky to work near several good vegan friendly places. Happy to see so many vegans here :)
  • leecha2014
    leecha2014 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I've been a vegetarian for many years and a vegan for 1.5 yr, love it no looking back. Looking for vegan friends with open diaries to get ideas! Pls sent me friend request, I also cook a lot and might have something for you
  • jesjesjesjes2
    jesjesjesjes2 Posts: 2 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Been vegan for years. Hi! Welcome to friend me. Open diary. I'm back on mfp to drop the last of my baby weight. (Have a 6 month old) :)
  • CraigShift
    CraigShift Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Good to see so many vegans and people who want to eat plant based and also are aware of ethical treatment of animals.
  • stephenmakin1
    stephenmakin1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Another vegan here: mainly ethical. I love the cookbook Veganomicon, so mostly cook from that. About to start on 'Vegan Eats World' by same author.

Feel free to send a friend request.
  • SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    Hi! Ethical and environmental reasons here (plus milk is weird. It's just... why does anyone drink that.) I might also have been a little influenced by Arch Enemy >.>
    And you can get more than enough calories on a vegan diet! Ahem, chocolate granola.
  • FileppM
    FileppM Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Eating lots of dulse. Chard. Millet, hemp, tons of onions and nuts. Lots of other things!
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    ive been eating a crap load of hashbrowns, beets, apples,brown rice , roasted cauliflower & broccoli lately
  • NicoleS9
    NicoleS9 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    We drink a lot of smoothies in this house! We also have oatmeal for breakfast quite often. I make some mean soup & chili.