Tips for Staying Hungry?

Options
I have a lot of trouble gaining weight, part of my problem is I'm never hungry. I have a food calendar that I put a lot of work into to make sure that I'm eating 3 meals a day and snacks in between. But my real problem is that I'm really having to FORCE myself to eat, does anyone have any helpful tips to help increase hunger? Besides smoking marijuana, I wish I could get a prescription in my state, but that's not considered a valid medical need, even though my own doctor suggested it. Munchies always helps, but until I can do that, I need something else.

Replies

• VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    Options
    Hahahah haha. Sorry. Munchies.

Perhaps more... sugar and refined carbs?
  • madiha1397
    madiha1397 Posts: 23 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    working out.
    i only used to eat 3 meals per day and no snacks and at weekends i even used to forget to eat lunch. I've started eating more and also walking everyday. the first day i was hungry ALL day. whats your activity level like?
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    Options
    madiha1397 wrote: »
    working out.
    i only used to eat 3 meals per day and no snacks and at weekends i even used to forget to eat lunch. I've started eating more and also walking everyday. the first day i was hungry ALL day. whats your activity level like?

Actually, yeah. Lift heavy weights, it makes you ravenous. Combine that with a moderately low fat diet and you'll want to eat your neighbor.
  • richln
    richln Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    brier613 wrote: »
    Besides smoking marijuana, I wish I could get a prescription in my state, but that's not considered a valid medical need, even though my own doctor suggested it.

WUT!?!?! Awesomest doctor ever! +1 for more sugar and heavy weightlifting.
  • rand486
    rand486 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Find calorie dense foods. Adding cheese to everything is a glorious way to gain.

Also, for a while, I was in the habit of drinking a litre of chocolate milk after the gym, which was a very fun way to get my calories, while staying fairly true to the 40/30/30 ratio for my macros.

Pasta, noodles, rice will take you a long way as well.
  • Codilee87
    Codilee87 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Watch Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives - I always want to dive face first into a big juicy burger after watching an episode lol
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    Prioritize calorie dense foods (anything that gives you a relatively high number of calories for a low volume of food). Like rand486 mentioned, cheese, chocolate milk, pasta, noodles and rice are great. Also peanut butter, ice cream, pizza, butter, olive oil, pop tarts, chips, avocado, etc. Use higher-fat cuts of meat and full-fat dairy.
  • brier613
    Options
    madiha1397 wrote: »
    working out.

I'm pretty sedentary. I used to be a waitress, now I work at a desk all day. Sadly, I don't do too much exercising. Trying to start though.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    You could also drink calories. Fruit juice, soda, etc. I can kill several hundred calories just having a glass of apple juice (and this time of year I'd love some real spiced cider).
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Like everyone else says, calorie dense food, drink some calories and workout. Chewing gum makes me starving (I tend to avoid it), if that's any help.
  • YanierAlvarez
    Options
    Set yourself a fix schedule and ypu will see that after awhile when that time come you will be starving