Need help!! Berly started and not losing weight

Hi everyone I had a baby 6 months ago and still breastfeeding. I have about 2 weeks that I'm exercising and eating less and havnt lost a single pound! I track my calories and try to eat 1800 calories a day and I workout for 30 min a day in the treadmill. Idk why I'm not losing weight. I weigh 250lbs so it should be easy to loose weight for me at first. And I don't eat back my calories how it says on here. Anyone have any advice?.

Replies

• JuliMoriarty
    JuliMoriarty Posts: 8 Member
    Are you weighing _ALL_ your food and logging it properly?

Other thing: have you taken any pictures or measurements? I gained 8lbs in the 4 weeks after I started running thanks to water, so this might also be a thing
  • kandell
    kandell Posts: 473 Member
    When you start a new exercise plan, it can cause your body to retain water. Also, hormones can do that too, and if you've recently had a baby that may have an effect on your hormones. Drink more water to keep your body hydrated so you don't retain water weight, and try to avoid getting stressed too much. Stress can cause weight gain or make it difficult to lose weight, particularly around the mid-section.
  • NFMendoza
    NFMendoza Posts: 39 Member
    Yes im trying to log every single thing I eat and maybe it is water weight. My husband says I do look a little smaller so maybe I have lost inches although I don't see it.. Thanks girls
  • JuliMoriarty
    JuliMoriarty Posts: 8 Member
    Weight is quite a complicated indicator, especially in the beginning. Some drop an enormous amout in the first weeks, other stay the same. Measurements, photos and cloths that might fit better are way better indicators :) just as an idea!
    Keep up the good work!
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    If you are breastfeeding, you should get your MDs input into losing weight before anything else. It is my understanding that breast feeding moms need extra calories to produce milk than a woman who is not breast feeding.
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    elphie754 wrote: »
    If you are breastfeeding, you should get your MDs input into losing weight before anything else. It is my understanding that breast feeding moms need extra calories to produce milk than a woman who is not breast feeding.

^ please listen to this person!
  • NFMendoza
    Thanks that's a good idea I'm gonna find out how many calories I need to breastfeed and loose weight
  • Amanda4change
    Amanda4change Posts: 620 Member
    edited February 2015
    NFMendoza wrote: »
    Thanks that's a good idea I'm gonna find out how many calories I need to breastfeed and loose weight

On the app under any meal you can enter breastfeeding (you the select the one that fits you) If your exclusively breastfeeding (-500) select that one. If your baby is older (and on solid foods select either the -300 or minus-200). Selecting these will add the calories to your daily goals. These are all the calories you should need added to adequately fuel your milk supply. However it is NOT perfect it is an average, so make sure you keep your water intake up and if you notice a decrease in your milk supply, increase your calorie intake.
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    That would be baby # 2.
    It took awhile to put your weight on-it will take awhile to come off. It took me a year to lose baby weight after my first 2 kids -a year EACH time.
    Keep at it.
  • NFMendoza
    thanks I didn't know that
  • NFMendoza
    And yes baby #2