Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    BFDeal wrote: »
    bro-camole? avocados+whey+yolo=gainz?

bahaha
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    I love, love, love broccoli and appreciate any opportunity to get more of it into my face!
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Oh no. Guacamole is not something that should be tampered with - it is perfect in its intended form!
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Might replace the cream cheese with avocado
  • SilverRose89
    SilverRose89 Posts: 447 Member
    Thanks! :)

I will definitely give this a go. I mean I like guacamole but this sounds like it could be interesting.
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    So if any of you actually try this and by some miracle, it tastes good, could you please report back? I'm actually allergic to avocado and I desperately miss guacamole but it's not worth dying for. I know it won't be the same but if it tastes good I'd love to know!

I just don't want to go to all the trouble of making it if it's just going to taste like disappointment. :'(
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Don't mess with the guac!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    This recipe intrigued me, so I thought I'd look for a Cauliflower Tortilla recipe so that I had something to dip in my Broccomole.

http://slimpalate.com/cauliflower-tortillas-paleo-grain-free-gluten-free/
  • kodiakke
    kodiakke Posts: 379 Member
    So no one has tried this yet? Waiting for results/reports!
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    kodiakke wrote: »
    So no one has tried this yet? Waiting for results/reports!

I'm going to try it soon in chicken breast! Posted my plan above.
  • mbutson12
    mbutson12 Posts: 2 Member
    I make this all.the.time. It's awesome. You see, my problem is volume. I like to eat a lot of food for a long time. One tiny piece of cheese might be tasty, but it's gone in a second! A bowl of spinach lasts a long time and lets me enjoy eating. So the broccomole is amazing for this. It has a similar flavor profile to guacamole, but it is obviously not the same. Namely, it lacks the fatty, smooth, deliciousness that the avocado brings. However, at the end of my day, when I really just want to eat a lot of something, I can eat and eat and eat the broccomole, get super full, not even finish it, and still be under a few hundred calories. For me, it's been a lifesaver.
  • abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Hurg - only the name made me gag - you enjoy that - I stick to bacon!
  • Mech9
    Mech9 Posts: 252 Member
    I like to eat a lot of food for a long time. One tiny piece of cheese might be tasty, but it's gone in a second!

I agree with you here. I think I'll try this out just because guacamole is so good, I don't want to stop!
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    i love guacamole, but avocados just go bad so fast that i can't make it a staple. i'm excited to try this.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    I refuse to try this. There's no cauliflower in it! :s
  • MStaplez
    MStaplez Posts: 1 Member

I think it looks good! Love trying different things. Ok, so it doesn't have any avocados...just something new and different. I'll be trying this for sure! Thanks for sharing!