Yoga

Options
2»

Replies

• mackardi
    mackardi Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Should be attending my first class this week :)

Good luck, have fun!!! Let me know how you like it!!!
  • mackardi
    Options
    ryanhorn wrote: »
    I hated yoga when I first started it. I really did. Honestly, I only did it because there was a cute girl in one of the classes.

Now that I've done it for almost a year though, it's awesome, and I couldn't live without it. No other exercise has singlehandedly helped my stress, flexibility, balance, and strength all at once.

Lol..doesn't matter how you got there!! So glad you're reaping the benefits!! I feel the same way about yoga..I was on anxiety medication for years (klonopin/Xanax) and I hated it..the longer I was on it the less I could function. While I was being weaned off I looked into yoga for its stress/anxiety relief benefits and I've been med free for over a year!
  • mackardi
    Options
    Ive always wanted to do yoga. I can sense that id love it. The other day i did a "beginner" (ha) yoga video i found on youtube. I honestly could barely keep up. And i have alot of weight to lose but im not THAT out of shape. I do 30day shred and cardio with some weights. Any suggestions on a video to start with? I cant see me going to a class just yet

I started out with an app on my phone (free) called Simply Yoga Free..I started with the 20 minute exercise for a week, the second week I did the 20 minute and then one 40 minute...so on and so forth. The biggest lesson I learned early on is to listen to your body!! You will know when to move up on time/difficulty and if you move up and it gets too much..take a child's pose til you're ready to rejoin!! I also did a 30 day beginner challenge from DoYouYoga (they have great articles, good 'do this, not that' alignment pieces, and links to a lot of online yoga blogs/personalities) I also love mind, body, green and yoga journal.com. Yoga Journal I use mostly to research poses and alignment, modifications and benefits. Oh!!! And I almost forgot!! Popsugar Active (they have an app and a website) and a broad range of yoga and other exercises with varying lengths and difficulties)
  • mackardi
    Options
    junestarrr wrote: »
    I've been doing yoga at home and in classes on and off for about a decade. I loooove yinyasa (flow) yoga. Somebody else mentioned it already, but Yoga With Adriene on Youtube is absolutely fabulous. She is such a great and funny instructor. Highly recommended.

I will def be checking it out!