20 weeks to lose 25 pounds!

Options
Hello!
I am truly ready to lose 25 pounds in 20 weeks.
I could use some help from friends for accountability and logging on everyday.
Mentally i know i'm there.. I have a swollen toe but hopefully by next week i can get back to the gym. I've started to quit some bad habits completely and thats how i know i'm ready.

I signed up for a 10 mile run in may and a 5 mile run in June.

I sure hope by July 5th i can be 25 pounds lighter.

Any advice would help!

Thank you~!

LB.

Replies

• neaneacc
    neaneacc Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    LB,
    First, congratulations about taking the first steps by setting actual goals. If you think you need further encouragement try setting a daily goal for yourself. Make it challenging, but possible.

Second, chart everything that plays a role in weight loss. I mean everything. All foods, drinks (even water), weight, and inches. It sounds like a lot to do, but it will help you in the long term to stay motivated to do the work.

Third, write down any challenges you face. For example, I know that I will start to feel a sluggish feeling around 2:30 pm. Then take steps to modify to fix this issue. First, start by drinking a glass of water. Dehydration can cause all sorts of issues, and additionally the body's signal for hunger and thirst are the same. If you aren't sure if you could be thirsty or hungry drink water first.

I hope this helps you to achieve your goals!

Renee
  • oXGetFitBabeXo
    oXGetFitBabeXo Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I'm heading to the gym on Monday also. I've already started to cut back!
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    do you currently run?

best piece of advice is to get a food scale, it will give you the most accurate logging