Licking the spoon count?

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    GASP! You licked the spoon! Dang it now I want brownies....sigh- do 10 jumping jacks and call it good.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    edited February 2015
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    GASP! You licked the spoon! Dang it now I want brownies....sigh- do 10 jumping jacks and call it good.

I had brownies with cookies on top last weekend. So good and so worth the pound I jumped up the next day.

If it doesn't go in the oven, it doesn't have calories. This includes what's left in the bowl.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »

I had brownies with cookies on top last weekend. So good and so worth the pound I jumped up the next day.

Cackling, I have one or the other everyday. Unfortunately, I'm at work right now and someone just needs to gimme!
  • lcooper327
    lcooper327 Posts: 112 Member
    Wash your eggs before you use them. Salmonella is on the shell.

But I don't use the shell?

Ohhhh my goodness I hope that was a joke. The egg touches the shell when it comes out of it.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    edited February 2015
    BFDeal wrote: »
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    This is one of those things that when I was logging I realized I had moved beyond merely trying to be healthy, aware, consistent, and relatively accurate to being obsessed.
    What's your take on logging fish oil, vitamins, and cough medicine? I'd put these in almost the same category. Wow, 10 calories from your vitamins? That's a whopping 70 a week! Gimme a break.

when I first started logging it wasn't a big deal and I never worried about it. I did fine with logging for months and months...at some point though something just switched and it went from just trying to be aware of what I was doing and living a healthier lifestyle to obsessing about things just like that...in the end, I was freaking out if I forgot to measure and log my dollop of ketchup. I got pretty ridiculous in the end.

Logging taught me a lot and I'm grateful that I did it for the time that I did it...but for me, it just spun out of control at some point and turned to silliness. I'm in a much better place now and healthier and happier than ever.

I think most people should spend some time logging and learning...but I really question whether it's a valid long term solution for most people...if they want to keep their sanity that is. It is an incredibly effective method for weight loss though.
  • Noelv1976
    Noelv1976 Posts: 18,948 Member
    man, this went way off.....don't worry about licking the spoon. You'll be fine.
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,817 Member
    BFDeal wrote: »
    This is one of those things that when I was logging I realized I had moved beyond merely trying to be healthy, aware, consistent, and relatively accurate to being obsessed.
    What's your take on logging fish oil, vitamins, and cough medicine? I'd put these in almost the same category. Wow, 10 calories from your vitamins? That's a whopping 70 a week! Gimme a break.

when I first started logging it wasn't a big deal and I never worried about it. I did fine with logging for months and months...at some point though something just switched and it went from just trying to be aware of what I was doing and living a healthier lifestyle to obsessing about things just like that...in the end, I was freaking out if I forgot to measure and log my dollop of ketchup. I got pretty ridiculous in the end.

Logging taught me a lot and I'm grateful that I did it for the time that I did it...but for me, it just spun out of control at some point and turned to silliness. I'm in a much better place now and healthier and happier than ever.

I think most people should spend some time logging and learning...but I really question whether it's a valid long term solution for most people...if they want to keep their sanity that is. It is an incredibly effective method for weight loss though.

I feel the same way. Right now I'm walking that fine line between unhealthy/obsessive and just plain weird behavior, you know what I mean? I was sickwith the flu and was afraid to take the prescription cough syrup because...CALORIES!!! like, really? I'm sick, I shouldn't worry about not finding the correct amount of calories in prescription cough medicine and trying to figure out how to put it on a food scale. Scary stuff.

I only have about 7 pounds to go to get to my last and final goal weight (I kept adjusting as i went along...making it 5 pounds lower each time I reached my goal). So I'm going to lighten up and try to get a healthier mindset.

About 10 years ago I lost a bunch of weight on Nutrisystem, and I never weighed/measured or logged anything.

OK - to the OP - lick that spoon!!!
  • Nottafattie
    Nottafattie Posts: 140 Member
    I say, don't sweat the petty stuff or pet the sweaty stuff and you'll be just fine.
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    this is why I try to leave some calories on the table each day--to allow for cheats, big and small
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,423 Member
    I lick the spoon when I cook. I don't think a taste of something is a big deal not to log. Now, eating enough batter or dough to equal 1 serving of the finished product that you should probably log.
  • JadeDHayes
    JadeDHayes Posts: 15 Member
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    I lick the spoon when I cook. I don't think a taste of something is a big deal not to log. Now, eating enough batter or dough to equal 1 serving of the finished product that you should probably log.

Damn!!
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    edited February 2015
    JadeDHayes wrote: »
    Tonight I made some valentines chocolate brownies. Blatantly not for me.. I could resist on licking the spoon afterwards. MFP will never know!! It can be our little secret B)

don't judge me :p

Spoons and beaters both absorb all the calories.

And I think eggs used to be safer before factory farming :( I used to eat raw beef when I was little but you can't do that now!!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    gothchiq wrote: »
    I'm so afraid to do this because of uncooked egg. :X though I am always so tempted.

@gothchiq‌ I have a raw eggs in my smoothies most days, never been sick.

• gotolam
    gotolam Posts: 262 Member
    Wash your eggs before you use them. Salmonella is on the shell.

Wut???

Do you also wash oranges?
  • sheldonklein
    sheldonklein Posts: 854 Member
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    Samples at the grocery store also do not count. o:)>:)

I quick add 100 calories when I go to Costco
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    I'm a spoon licker. Lots of unlogged licks of joy.
  • Noelv1976
    Noelv1976 Posts: 18,948 Member
    arditarose wrote: »
    I'm a spoon licker. Lots of unlogged licks of joy.

Oh boy
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    gothchiq wrote: »
    I'm so afraid to do this because of uncooked egg. :X though I am always so tempted.

@gothchiq‌ I have a raw eggs in my smoothies most days, never been sick.

Well, I can't say that salmonella in eggs is completely unheard of, but there have been several flour recalls and in 2009, 77 people were sickened after eating raw prepackaged cookie dough made with pasteurized eggs. The culprit? E. coli in the flour Nestle used.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/2011/12/09/143450624/the-surprising-ingredient-in-raw-cookie-dough-that-could-make-you-sick
  • Mech9
    Mech9 Posts: 252 Member
    I am a chronic partaker in other people's food, licking spoons, and free samples. If I didn't log it all, it'd add up to like 3,000 calories a week!

Wednesday, "I'm just going to lick this spoon with 5g of mayonnaise on ittttttt...."

Thursday, "Can I have a bite of your grilled cheese sandwich?"

Friday, "Ooh! that sushi looks good, can I have a piece?"

Saturday, "Oh man! I love cottage cheese! Can I have a bi- oops, I ate half of it. :x "

Sunday, "LOOK! FREE MINI CHOCOLATE ECLAIRS AT THE GROCERY STORE!"

I may be a bad person.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    JadeDHayes wrote: »
    Tonight I made some valentines chocolate brownies. Blatantly not for me.. I could resist on licking the spoon afterwards. MFP will never know!! It can be our little secret B)

don't judge me :p

Okay, no judgment.

When I make peanut butter, I HAVE to have some extra just for me. It's all warm and toasted and wonderful. Just a little, though. :D