Learning to eat healthy

Options
Hey there,

How's she go? I just downloaded the app because after getting a physical by a new doctor, he told me I was fat. Well, he said that a lot of my aches and pains are likely to do with being overweight. What I heard was 'yeah, you're fat. Lose weight'. So for the past month I have cut the cream and sugar from my coffee, even cutting it way back. I've traded in pop for club soda, too. I also started eating healthier foods, or at least I think I have. The truth is, I don't really know what 'health eating' is. Which led me to MFP. I figure that if I know what my diet is like, it will help me make better choices.

Replies

• alexveksler
    alexveksler Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    You can search this site or Google for that matter for "clean eating" and get pretty good idea. I also found many blogs on Dr. Fuhrman on this site. He is known to promote plan-based diet. I actually went on it a year before I learned about him. Pretty decent reading and results show in weight loss, cure many bad things that we have as a result of our western diet, etc...

Also, look up and research "cruciferous vegetables" and learn to eat them. You will like results...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cruciferous_vegetables