When did you first feel as though you were successful in losing weight?

Options
2»

Replies

• wolfordwebsites
    wolfordwebsites Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I just hit 10 pounds lost on Friday, and that was my first milestone in my mind. I've been logging for about 5.5 weeks, so I'm right on target with my goals. Woo hoo!
  • daw0518
    daw0518 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    melodyesch wrote: »
    Honestly, it's just been this week. I am almost 4 weeks in and have lost a little less than 10 pounds. I've tried and failed so many times because I had it in my mind that I couldn't eat any carbs or that I had to keep it under 1200 calories (even if MFP said differently). I would go off track and then not get back on because I blew it.

But after reading all of the success stories and advice on here, it finally hit me over the head that I was making it way too complicated and hard. So my goal was not to lose "x" pounds per week or whatever. My goal has been to just stay within the calorie goal that MFP set for me for one month. And I've done that and it's SO much easier.

Yes, I can have potatoes. Yes, I can eat out. Yes, I can have an occasional drink. I can even have the occasional donut. I have done all of these things this month and have still lost weight. Why? Because I weighed and counted every single thing that went into my mouth and planned ahead for when I wanted something high in calories.

I know I'm still in a honeymoon phase, but I tell ya, I think I got this!

This comment makes me so happy. I love your mentality & 100% agree. :D

My first feeling of success was just seeing the scale go down a few pounds, because before this MFP stint, I had never lost weight before in my life!