Polar FT4 Help

Options
I just changed the battery on my Polar FT4 chest strap, and now it isn't working. I have the battery in correctly, and I have gotten the strap wet enough. It was working fine before I changed the battery, but I changed it because the the battery indicator said it was getting low. I changed the battery in the watch, and the watch works just fine. Just not the strap.

Replies

• mamma1st
    mamma1st Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    The same thing happened to me last week. My FT4 is about 4 years old, and I've changed the battery before. But last week after changing the battery in the chest strap, it stopped working. I tried putting 3 different batteries in it thinking maybe the replacement battery was bad. But it just won't work anymore. The watch works fine.

Sorry I don't have a solution for you. I just wanted to commiserate.
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    That happened to me too. I even changed batteries again. I bought a new chest strap. Nothing. Finally bought same model of heart rate monitor and its working. I didn't even change watch.
  • carolemorden9
    carolemorden9 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies. I'm probably just going to buy a new one from walmart.com. I can get for just over $50 with my work discount. I'll still use my current watch to keep track of the time I'm exercising till I get my new one.
  • PinkGemini612
    PinkGemini612 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Check Amazon too.

I justi changed my batteries in both that were completely dead & didn't have a problem.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    clean the contacts before replacing the battery
  • carolemorden9
    Options
    What do you use to clean the contacts?
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    Just a bit of scotchbrite, or even just a vigorous rub over with some paper towel.
  • alasin1derland
    alasin1derland Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Try a reset. Remove battery. Hold thumbs on both snaps for a slow count to 10. Leave the battery out for 7 to 8 minutes. Do not rush this. We don't have the same model but they are both polar and I found the reset on the polar website.
  • carolemorden9
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions. I'll try that tonight when I get home from work.
  • JAT74
    JAT74 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I had lots of problems with my FT7 a couple of years ago after having it for 4 months and didn't know about the reset so gave up on it. Now the batteries are flat so I've bought replacements and if it's still not working I'll try the reset. I also already contacted Polar and they told me to post it back to them and they will tell me if there will be a charge to fix it or not if it is faulty.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I recently had a problem with my Polar ft7 after changing the battery and talking to them twice, they said send it to them (the watch, in my case, which they call a computer). Mine was still under warranty so they didn't charge me. They were quite easy to deal with - sent me a mail label and it took less than 2 weeks.

Meanwhile I just found out the watch is waterproof as long as you don't press any buttons in the pool, so I ordered the waterproof chest sensor for it.