I survived a coma so I think I can do this............

Hello to all,

Well. I gain some weight when I had my son 25 years ago. Then I developed a Hypo Thyroid and gain a lot of weight. Then I went into a coma and I survived, as you know since I'm writing this. lol Silly me. Anyway I gained a ton of weight from that.

It was in 2004 and it took me 5 years to be able to leave my home. So being that inactive it really put the weight on me. I'm back into life and active again. I am healthy but I would like to ensure that I stay that way for a long long time.

So now that I can walk, talk, write, drive and most other things now. I'm ready to tackle the weight part of my recovery. It has been a long and hard road. But God is great. I know because I'm here and the doctor's said it was impossible. They said she'll never recover, she'll never be out of a nursing home, she'll always eat her food through a straw, she'll never be a daughter, wife or a mother again. Well now God, my parents, my husband and my son have seen me through all of this and I was never in a nursing home. My husband brought me home to our house. And my family took care of me and re learned me everything with much professional help.

Now I think I can surely lose some weight after all of that. I just didn't know where to start, nor what to do. I'm so glad I found this site. I know it's going to be hard, very hard. I have a lot of weight to lose. My long term goal is 120 pounds. But I will take it one day at a time and one pound a week will be nice.

I feel blessed and excited to be going on this journey.

Replies

• knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,953 Member
    Welcome to MFP! Sounds like you have been through a lot of trials but with perseverance you made it through. And with perseverance you can get that weight off too! There is a ton of information around the site and if you need help all you have to do is open your diary and ask. People are more than willing to offer their opinions. Good job on taking that first step!
  • michiwano
    michiwano Posts: 21 Member
    Ditto!
  • ChamberMom42
    ChamberMom42 Posts: 7 Member
    Thanks for the welcome. I'm so glad I found a site that I can actually interact with people for support and information. The first day has been good, but in a week or two I just might be climbing the wall, so to speak.
  • ChamberMom42
    ChamberMom42 Posts: 7 Member
    Hi mich.....