? Regarding sugars

Options
iojoi
iojoi Posts: 378 Member
i have eaten a Eat Natural Blueberries, Pistachios & Yogurt Bar today and the sugar reading is 17 which has taken me over my sugar limits..
however reading the ingredients it contained rice nuts yoghurt and some fruit
so is this considered to be mostly healthy fruit? or not?

Replies

• July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    There are many mixed feelings about the topic of Sugar..............
    i have eaten a Eat Natural Blueberries, Pistachios & Yogurt Bar today and the sugar reading is 17 which has taken me over my sugar limits..
    however reading the ingredients it contained rice nuts yoghurt and some fruit
    so is this considered to be mostly healthy fruit? or not?

The blueberries are more than likely dehydrated so the sugar content is going to be higher than the fresh berries. Pistachios are good...........the yogurt part of the bar (is it like the candy coating)? If it is, probably full of sugar............

Did you read the ingredients? What brand is the bar?

Personally, I would rather have a whole cup of blueberries with a small bit of heavy cream and a splash of vanilla. <<<I know its all natural.
  • LavenderBouquet
    LavenderBouquet Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    I know that I only count refined, added sugars for my daily totals.
    If it the sugar in fruit or milk or something like that, I don't count it, because I find it impossible not to go over on sugar if I do.
  • iojoi
    Options
    http://www.eatnatural.co.uk/About-Eat-Natural.aspx this is their website
    the women at the gym said that all the ingredients are naturally sourced when i ate it and then i saw it was a high sugar content when i entered it on here
  • iojoi
    Options

Personally, I would rather have a whole cup of blueberries with a small bit of heavy cream and a splash of vanilla. <<<I know its all natural.

well i know i would to but i felt a little shakey and the other alternative was a triple choc cookie so i restrained myself from the beckoning cookies
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    It has sugar, honey and glucose syrup- at 23 grams of carbs is a lot of sugar...........

BP-Nutrition.gif
  • machinegun74
    Options
    I think stressing about it would be worse than the sugar itself.

If it makes you feel any better on days I do Gorilla Cardio in the morning and P90X at night I take in about a 100gr of sugars and 4000mgs of sodium.
  • iojoi
    Options
    thanks for the info ... all i wanted to know was whether to treat these fruit sugars as healthy or unhealthy as i dont want to develop a really bad habit of eating them after the gym if they were unhealthy sugars,
    thanks again