Plexus for weight loss

Options
Is anyone using plexus to help with their weight loss journey? What are your thoughts and what type of good plan do you follow?

Replies

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Another poster asked this question today in the general weight loss forum. http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10084581/plexus-slim#latest
  • fraserja
    fraserja Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you for letting me know :)
  • ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    There's no such thing as a "bottle full of weight loss." Unfortunately none of that garbage works.
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    NO.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    My thoughts are that it's completely unnecessarily and that the person on my Facebook friend list who was selling it got so spammy I actually asked her (innocently, because I thought she was too sensible for that sort of thing) whether her account had been hacked. Oops.
  • ladybuggnorris
    ladybuggnorris Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Funny story: I started taking Plexus the exact same time I joined MFP. I entered everything I ate into my food diary, including the Plexus. I lost weight and was a big advocate for the product. Then, my husband got laid off from his job and Plexus was a luxury I could no longer afford. I was distraught! So, I stopped PLexus, but kept going with MFP. I lost at the same rate. This tells me that the Plexus was not actually causing me to lose weight, but my logging and eating habits were. The only thing that makes me sad about it now is how much money I wasted on it.
  • tammylotz9
    tammylotz9 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have been taking plexus for about a month. Like the lady above I started taking it at the same time I joined MFP. I am losing but very slowly. I don't think that I am losing weight because of Plexus, but I will say that my sleeping patterns have greatly improved. I can tell a big difference in the way I feel if I forget to take my plexus. I think that the reason I am losing weight is logging my food and making me accountable for what I am eating. Plexus is a tool. It does help you but it will not make you lose weight alone. You have to work at it over a period of time and have patience.
  • Christine_72
    Options
    katcoleesp wrote: »
    Plexus is a tool to help you, to fight cravings, for better health, a healthier body, to balance the glucose levels, it is not a magic wand or potion to control what you put down your throat. If you want KNOWLEDGE go to youtube and look up Dave Brown and Plexus Slim or DR HARRIS and Plexus Slim, listen to the medical facts of the ingredients...none say miracle cure for obesity...maybe the person who was selling it was informing you incorrectly.

Still doesn't change the fact that Plexus is just another mlm scheme, no different to any of the others.....
    Great marketing skills does not a good product make ;)

• Christine_72
    Options
    I was on it for 5mths. The only thing I lost was money!! :angry:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Plexus is a tool to help you, to fight cravings, for better health, a healthier body, to balance the glucose levels, it is not a magic wand or potion to control what you put down your throat. If you want KNOWLEDGE go to youtube and look up Dave Brown and Plexus Slim or DR HARRIS and Plexus Slim, listen to the medical facts of the ingredients...none say miracle cure for obesity...maybe the person who was selling it was informing you incorrectly.

You have an ingredients list we can look at to see whether the research is there?
  • katcoleesp
    katcoleesp Posts: 33 Member
    Options

Still doesn't change the fact that Plexus is just another mlm scheme, no different to any of the others.....
    The fact is you are wrong, Plexus is not a mlm SCHEME....

• katcoleesp
    Options
    emily_stew wrote: »

From the website, which I will not link to:
    "Simply pour into a bottle of water 30 minutes before a meal, drink, and experience the results you've been dreaming of."

If that's not marketing it as a miracle cure, I don't know what is.
    None, NONE of the ingredients in that fancy powder have been proven to aid weight loss. I doubt most them have even been clinically tested at all.
    ... the testing proves what it was developed for, that quote is probably from someone trying to make a sell, it did NOT come from corporate.

• Christine_72
    Options

The fact is you are wrong, Plexus is not a mlm SCHEME....

um yeah it is @katcoleesp‌ ! Plexus is also currently under investigation.

• katcoleesp
    Options

You have an ingredients list we can look at to see whether the research is there?
    You are more than welcome to go to Plexus Worldwide enter their site and look up the ingredients, if you are requesting proof of the research, I am sure Plexus can help you with your request. It works for me and I will use this product forever.

• Christine_72
    Options
    Does plexus work for you or does the fact that you're eating at a deficit and possibly exercising making the difference? ?
    You don't have to spend hundreds of dollars a month to lose weight. I learnt this the hard way
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    Options

You are more than welcome to go to Plexus Worldwide enter their site and look up the ingredients, if you are requesting proof of the research, I am sure Plexus can help you with your request. It works for me and I will use this product forever.

Bzzzt. The burden of proof is on the person making the claim.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    wizzybeth wrote: »

Bzzzt. The burden of proof is on the person making the claim.

Yep. I don't see any reason why people should be flocking to this company's website for "research" (as if they'd be giving unbiased information) and giving them views/clicks/ad revenue.
  • ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options

LOL, it's not like obesity isn't some national health crisis or anything that's causing tons of expensive and debilitating health problems. If there was something as simple as a "bottle full of weightloss" that had actually been proven to work don't you think it would be a little bit more widespread by now? Don't you think every single big pharm company would pay billions for something like that if it worked?

Oh right, there must be a bariatric surgeon conspiracy to suppress it.