Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

For binge eaters

Does anyone have cravings for certain foods, then goes to eat it and are satisfied but next day or day after and will want it again? I have a problem with binge eating. I crave certain foods and even though I eat it, I still crave it the next day and it goes on for atleast a month sometimes longer. (I want it every day) I don't know anyone with this problem. It's like a food addiction but if there are people like me out there, what have you done to eliminate the cravings? Or does anyone have any suggestions?

Replies

• Sydking
    Sydking Posts: 317 Member
    yep, i eat it in moderation and log it into my daily intake.

Then i get over it and move onto a new food
  • I am the same. I've incorporated a "cheat" day (I wrote it like that because I don't see it as a cheat actually) once a week. On this day, I would eat my maintenance calories (1700) but I would eat everything I craved during the week on that one day, still within my calories. So for example brownies for breakfast, cupcakes for lunch, waffles and syrup for dinner, chocolate bar for snack ect.

I plan it and make sure it doesn't top 1700 calories. So when I crave something during the week, I take note of it and just tell myself to wait until Saturday.

Also try and keep your mind occupied with something other than food outside of meal times. When thoughts of food intrude in my mind I see is it as a cue to go do something else.
  • machubs
    machubs Posts: 5 Member
    I haven't tried this, but someone mentioned to me that googling images of the food you are craving and then looking at 60-70 pictures of it can help. Apparently it gets rid of the craving, but you have to look at a lot of pics.
  • Thank you! I really appreciate the advice!
    machubs wrote: »
    I haven't tried this, but someone mentioned to me that googling images of the food you are craving and then looking at 60-70 pictures of it can help. Apparently it gets rid of the craving, but you have to look at a lot of pics.

I will have to try that!

• veanna111 wrote: »
    Thank you! I really appreciate the advice!
    machubs wrote: »

I will have to try that!

There's also another one where you imagine you're eating it. Over and over and over again. This is called habituation. The theory is that if you imagine yourself eating unlimited amounts of chocolate (or other craving) you either get bored of it and the craving goes away, or you satisfy it with only your imagination. Because even our imagination can sometimes make us drool. :wink: