255lbs lost...but can't lose anymore

Options
2»

Replies

• MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Maybe try eating at maintenance for a month or 2. Allow you body to readjust itself to a more normal calorie intake, then drop back down to 1600-1800 cals (I can't imagine you should need to go lower than this as I am losing weight on 1700 cals a day and I weigh 170ish)
  • 34blast
    34blast Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Maybe try eating at maintenance for a month or 2. Allow you body to readjust itself to a more normal calorie intake, then drop back down to 1600-1800 cals (I can't imagine you should need to go lower than this as I am losing weight on 1700 cals a day and I weigh 170ish)

I was going to suggest something similar. Eat at maintenance for 2 solid weeks. Then possible try a small surplus with strength training for about 6 weeks. Then eat at maintenance for about 2 weeks, then go back into deficit. It's a marathon and not a sprint. You body may need a break from dieting / deficit.

• minionman
    minionman Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Wow.... You have come so far, let be another person here to say congrats..., that is amazing. My opinion keep doing what your doing and maybe see a doctor if you haven't already, just to make sure you don't have any underlying issues you might not know about. But amazing.
  • AquaticQuests
    AquaticQuests Posts: 945 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Concentrate less on the weight and more on the stomach you want to tone. The two may not go hand in hand as your noticing.
    Often with belly issues, you may need to re-look at your food specifics, and not just calories.
    Eg. You may what to kick start losing that belly weight by laying off or eliminating sugar for awhile, even if it is within your calorie goals. Other stuff like butter too.
    Try the steps for 3 or so months, then assess the results.

Also incorporate some more exercises into your regimen that specifically target the core, etc.
    If you are able to, try burpees or burpee jumping jacks for 3 months.
    I guarantee you, the change will be unmistakable.

It will hurt, but at the end of it, the effects will be undeniable!

When you hit those plateaus, setting yourself serious, trying non weight related exercise goals, helps to take your mind of the obsession with the scale number, helps your body achieve amazing things, and you may find yourself losing weight again as an unexpected benefit!
  • sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Concentrate less on the weight and more on the stomach you want to tone. The two may not go hand in hand as your noticing.
    Often with belly issues, you may need to re-look at your food specifics, and not just calories.
    Eg. You may what to kick start losing that belly weight by laying off or eliminating sugar for awhile, even if it is within your calorie goals. Other stuff like butter too.

Also incorporate some more exercises into your regimen that specifically target the core, etc.

When you hit those plateaus, setting yourself serious, trying non weight related exercise goals, helps to take your mind of the obsession with the scale number, helps your body achieve amazing things, and you may find yourself losing weight again as an unexpected benefit!

I really don't understand why you are saying these things to her. She has been at the same weight for TWO YEARS after losing a tremendous amount of weight. We don't even know if she's been eating sugar or butter (and why would not eating them change what hasn't changed in 2 years if she was?).

55835802.png

• fastfoodietofitcutie
    Options
    nehushtan wrote: »
    Some things to consider in increasing order of "extremism"

1) Dropping your calorie intake to 1200 a day and stop eating after dinner for six months
    2) Going low-carb (20 grams max per day) for six months
    3) Becoming a bona fide weightlifter
    4) Weight loss surgery

Normally I advise against weight loss surgery because too many people don't "pay their dues" by learning to eat within a calorie budget for one year before having the procedure. But you seem to have learned that lesson.

This is one of the worst responses I've ever seen on this website, especially to suggest weight loss surgery at 225 lbs.

You may just need a fresh start. Forget everything you have done in the past, put your current information in the calculators and start following the calories/macros this site gives you. It probably wouldn't hurt to gain a few pounds and then start exercising again, that usually gives the body a kickstart.
  • AquaticQuests
    AquaticQuests Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    sodakat wrote: »

I really don't understand why you are saying these things to her. She has been at the same weight for TWO YEARS after losing a tremendous amount of weight. We don't even know if she's been eating sugar or butter (and why would not eating them change what hasn't changed in 2 years if she was?).

55835802.png

https://www.rush.edu/health-wellness/discover-health/losing-belly-fat

http://uhs.berkeley.edu/facstaff/pdf/healthmatters/NutritionActionSugarBellyApril 2012.pdf

http://authoritynutrition.com/6-proven-ways-to-lose-belly-fat/

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!